Join us at UEA! Lectureship in Human Geography

1 view

Gill Seyfang (ENV - Staff)

Aug 12, 2019, 10:38:01 AM8/12/19
to sco...@googlegroups.com

I hope list members will be interested in our latest vacancy – feel free to email me if you have any queries.

FACULTY OF SCIENCE

School of Environmental Sciences

Lectureship in Human Geography - Ref: ATR1482

£42,036 to £48,677 per annum.

The School of Environmental Sciences is one of the largest and longest established academic departments in Europe to focus on the study of the global environment. The outstanding impact of our research was recognised in the 2014 UK Research Excellence Framework, in which the School was ranked 1st in the UK for research impact. We are looking to appoint an excellent geographer who can broaden the human geography expertise in the School and flourish in an interdisciplinary working environment. The successful candidate will have an emerging international research record in human geography and be capable of contributing to one or more of the successful social science research groups in the School (3S, CSERGE, The Tyndall Centre). The further particulars identify areas of research and teaching that are particularly attractive to the School.

The post holder will play an important role in developing and delivering content on the BA and BSc Geography programmes in the School of Environmental Sciences.

You must have a PhD (or equivalent experience) in Human Geography or a closely associated subject area and fulfil all essential elements of the person specification.

The post is available immediately on a full-time indefinite basis.

We welcome applicants from all protected groups as defined by the Equality Act 2010 and in particular, those from Black or other minority ethnic backgrounds.

Closing date:  13 September 2019.

The University is a Bronze Athena Swan Award holder, currently working towards Silver.

https://myview.uea.ac.uk/webrecruitment/pages/vacancy.jsf?latest=01006917

--

I work Monday to Wednesday and check email towards the end of each working day.

Dr Gill Seyfang | Reader in Sustainable Consumption | National Teaching Fellow
3S Research Group | School of Environmental Sciences | University of East Anglia | Norwich Research Park | Norwich NR4 7TJ | UK |  +44 (0)1603 592956
UEA profile | 3S | Grassroots Innovations | Comedy in the Classroom | Compassionate Academic

Recent publications:

Move your money? Sustainability Transitions in Regimes and Practices in the UK Retail Banking Sector (2019)

A Sustainable Consumption Teaching Review (2018)

Theoretical Theatre: harnessing the power of comedy to teach social science theory (2017)

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this email or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation.