Re: [SCORAI] Digest for scorai@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Julia K. Steinberger

Jul 12, 2019, 4:36:15 AM7/12/19
to sco...@googlegroups.com
Dear SCORAI,

Several colleagues (including Sylvia Lorek, Marlyne Sahakian, Doris
Fuchs & myself) from across academic communities (sustainable
consumption, ecological economics, political economics, industrial
ecology ...) have developed a radical action-oriented manifesto
<https://wellplanetmanifesto.wordpress.com/> to build bridges across
communities and orient our efforts. We would be delighted if you would
consider signing and engaging in our next phase of activities.

https://wellplanetmanifesto.wordpress.com/

Best wishes,
Julia

--
Prof. Julia K. Steinberger
Professor of Social Ecology and Ecological Economics

On research leave at University of Geneva/UNRISD until Sept 2019

Office 9.116
Sustainability Research Institute (SRI)
School of Earth and Environment
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT UK

T +44 (0)113 343 2895
F +44 (0)113 343 6716
M +44 (0)785 607 9625
E mail: j.k.ste...@leeds.ac.uk
Skype: jsteinberger

http://www.see.leeds.ac.uk/people/j.steinberger
http://lili.leeds.ac.uk/

Tom Abeles

Jul 12, 2019, 7:18:50 AM7/12/19
to j.k.ste...@leeds.ac.uk, SCORAI Group
In the document there is the "promise" to carry work forward regardless of "discipline". That has ramifications:
a) academics retain and advance their positions via "publish/perish". That includes funds for research.
b) there is a large sector of professionals working in this area from international agencies, governments, NGO's,  foundations, think tanks, etc. Many of which have and are at the edge of thinking and, more importantly, practice in addressing these issues.

I would suggest that this effort broaden the network in a professional collaborative effort not bounded by academia.

--
- Too many emails? Send an email to rob...@orzanna.de to change to a summary/digest mode.
- Follow our news on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SCORAI_org