Fwd: Systems of Sustainable Consumption and Production: A Future Earth and Belmont Forum global scoping process

Cohen, Maurie

Jul 8, 2019, 11:41:12 AM7/8/19
to SCORAI Group
Greetings!

Members of the SCORAI community may be interested in participating in the consultative process currently taking place in connection with a White Paper on research priorities pertaining to the field of sustainable consumption and production. Further details below.

Best wishes,

Maurie

Jul 16, 2019, 3:02:36 AM7/16/19
to Cohen, Maurie, SCORAI Group
I finally read this document and offered recommendations; thanks to those who wrote it, a quality read - Jean

--
- Too many emails? Send an email to orsc...@gmail.com to change to a summary/digest mode.
- Follow our news on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SCORAI_org

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. -- Frederick Douglass

Tom Abeles

Jul 16, 2019, 4:56:28 PM7/16/19
to Jean Boucher, Cohen, Maurie, SCORAI Group
One of my favorite quotes comes from Bruce Sterling's SF novel, Green Days in Brunei:
"The technical elite" were errand boys. They didn't decide how to study, what to work on...Money decided that....
Recently The Transnational Institute released a volume, Public Finance for the Future We Want. In that volume there are two papers of interest here:
Reyes, Oscar, Public Investment for Financial Systems Change, Not Climate Change ( a larger paper is forthcoming)
Morois, Thomas, Public Banking on the Future We Want.

Also of interest:
Parrique, T, et.al., Decoupling Debunked: Evidence and arguments against green growth as a sole strategy for sustainability

Basically, the "white paper" makes the investment finance community invisible while the focus is parsed into 17 SDG's and 169 problem sets which can be aligned to areas which fit into traditional academic research.

After the global banking meltdown of 07-08 where the banks and owners were rescued and with the rise of the FinTech's, the financial sector is changing and its impact on the SDG's is becoming apparent. This requires a rethinking of how to address the issues identified by those who struggled to define the SDG's. That history, too, has not been addressed.

tom
tom abeles

- Too many emails? Send an email to rob...@orzanna.de to change to a summary/digest mode.
- Follow our news on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SCORAI_org
- Subscribe to the monthly newsletter: http://eepurl.com/dHXawz
- Submit an item to the monthly newsletter: lizb....@gmail.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SCORAI" group.