Meeting Notes 4/5

1 view

Scooters of Bellingham

Apr 5, 2014, 4:46:14 PM4/5/14
to scootersofbellingham

Scooters of Bellingham Meeting Notes

April 5, 2014

Bellingham Cruise Terminal

In attendance: Coll Donoghue, Bill Banasky, Dorcie Wellman, Gary Lazarus, Bill and Judy Severson, Jeff Roddick, Marie Duckworth, and Jeff Maudsley

Victoria Trip: Dorcie passed on information from Todd about Victoria. The list has been finalized for 14 of the 15 rooms available at Paul’s Motor Inn in Victoria. Monday, Todd will send out an email with instructions for finalizing the reservation (each person will call Paul’s to confirm their reservation).

Wednesday Night Ride: April 16, 2014 Meeting place: The Copper Hog at 5:30. Ride to depart at 6:30 PM.

Rally Notes:

Jeff M talked about sponsors and getting donations. Rather than soliciting donations this year, we are going to buy the majority of items for the Rally. Dorcie suggested all Club members pick-up scooter-related items anytime they see them, then donate them to the Club for the raffle. We would like to have rally raffle items assembled in advance and promote them so we can start selling tickets Friday Night like last year. There was some talk of having a garage sale or flea market for selling items during the rally.

Clint is working on the Rally logo, the theme of the Rally is 9, as in Highway 9, one of our favorite roads. This logo will be used on business cards, a patch, buttons, and posters/flyers. The scarf will be an SOB scarf though not specific for this year’s rally.

We are looking for someone to plan and execute games during the Rally (Friday and Saturday nights). Games will include the slow ride atop the Parkade (and any others) and games at the Saturday night party at Jeff and Mary’s.

Gary raised concern that there are only 2 more meetings before the Rally and it seems there is a lot to be done. Jeff M said that most things are right on track.

Please look over the following rundown of the Rally Weekend. Volunteers and help are needed for tasks noted with “TBA”

Here is a rundown of where things are for the Rally:

  1. Friday, July 25: Meet and Greet, at Aslan Brewing, new brew pub, corner of Forest and Magnolia.

    1. Raffle ticket sales: help needed

  2. Friday Evening Ride: Leader and Router: TBA  Finish at Parkade for slow ride/games

  3. Friday late evening: TBA   [Jeff is looking into a comedy show at The Upfront]

  4. Saturday 9:30 AM gathering: location TBA

  5. Saturday AM ride: leader and router TBA

  6. Saturday Lunch: 12:30 PM downtown

  7. Saturday PM ride: leader: Todd Fuller  route: somewhere along Highway 9

  8. Saturday Party: At Jeff & Mary’s

    1. Menu: Roasted Pig [talk of either a spit or pit roasting]. Want to help with food, contact Jeff & Mary

    2. Beverages: Jeff will check into getting a couple kegs from Aslan Brewing (Friday night hosts).

    3. Games: TBA [game organizer wanted]

    4. Entertainment: TBA

  9. Sunday AM: Breakfast at Jeff & Mary’s

  10. Sunday departure rides 11 AM

    1. North: Leader and route TBA

    2. South: Leader and route TBA

Other areas needing help/volunteers:

  • shopping for/buying raffle items

  • helping with promotion: coordinating marketing efforts on scarves, patches, buttons, and poster/flyers

Our Rally is an event run by us, SOB club members! We all volunteer. We need your help, please respond to this email to let us know how you can lend a hand.

Gary Lazarus

Apr 5, 2014, 8:46:45 PM4/5/14
to scootersof...@googlegroups.com
Barring un for seen circumstances I'll help cook Saturday night with the Pig.  I think we should think about providing alternatives to the pig since some folks, like my wife, are allergic to pork, or don't want red meat; chicken perhaps? I'll also scope out some rides and lead one of them, perhaps the Saturday AM ride.  Where do we want to end up for lunch? Suggestions?

Nice job on the meeting notes.

Gary

Sent from my iPad