500 server error with "git svn clone" on SVN repo

Peter Nicolai

Aug 26, 2011, 12:43:36 PM8/26/11
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I set up a test SVN repository in SCM Manager and committed trunk/ branches/ tags/ directories with some random files. I then tried to "git svn clone" the repository, and got this output:

C:\Users\me\Desktop\svn-test-git>git svn init https://myserver/scm/sv
n/svn-test/ --username scmadmin
Initialized empty Git repository in C:/Users/me/Desktop/svn-test-git/.gi
t/

C:\Users\me\Desktop\svn-test-git>git svn clone https://myserver/scm/s
vn/svn-test/ --username scmadmin
Initialized empty Git repository in c:/Users/me/Desktop/svn-test-git/svn
-test/.git/
RA layer request failed: REPORT request failed on '/scm/svn/svn-test/!svn/vcc/de
fault': REPORT of '/scm/svn/svn-test/!svn/vcc/default': 500 Server Error (https:
//myserver) at C:\Program Files (x86)\Git/libexec/git-core/git-svn line 5162

I am pretty sure this isn't git's fault since I can "git svn clone" our regular (apache-based) repository the same way without problems.

BTW, thanks for making such an awesome free web app. Reminds me of hudson (now jenkins) in its early days..

Sebastian Sdorra

Aug 27, 2011, 10:41:13 AM8/27/11
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I can reproduce this error. I could reproduce the problem only on
Windows, on the Mac everything works without problems. I will try to
fix this.

Sebastian

Sebastian Sdorra

Aug 27, 2011, 11:33:37 AM8/27/11
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
It seems that the windows client does not send an depth element.
Here is the request from the mac client:

<S:update-report send-all="true" xmlns:S="svn:">
<S:src-path>http://hades:8080/scm/svn/scm-svn</S:src-path>
<S:target-revision>1</S:target-revision>
<S:depth>infinity</S:depth>
<S:entry rev="1" depth="infinity" start-empty="true"></S:entry>
</S:update-report>

And here is the request from the windows client:

<S:update-report send-all="true" xmlns:S="svn:">
<S:src-path>http://hades:8080/scm/svn/scm-svn</S:src-path>
<S:target-revision>1</S:target-revision>
<S:entry rev="1" start-empty="true"></S:entry>
</S:update-report>

I will try to use a default infinity depth, if the client does not
send an "depth" element.

Sebastian Sdorra

Aug 27, 2011, 12:14:42 PM8/27/11
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Could you please test this version
http://download.scm-manager.org/issues/45/scm-server-app-1.7-SNAPSHOT.zip

Sebastian

Peter Nicolai

Aug 29, 2011, 7:45:40 PM8/29/11
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Tried it - got same exact error.

Sebastian Sdorra

Aug 30, 2011, 2:08:07 AM8/30/11
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Strange. Which Version of git do you use?

Peter Nicolai

Sep 1, 2011, 12:08:42 PM9/1/11
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
git --version reports 'git version 1.7.6.msysgit.0'

Peter Nicolai

Sep 1, 2011, 3:13:26 PM9/1/11
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
OK - I don't know what was messed up before - the web interface said 1.7-SNAPSHOT and everything - but I reinstalled & restarted the server and everything works now. thanks!

Peter Nicolai

Sep 1, 2011, 4:06:05 PM9/1/11
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Oops - it only worked because I was cloning an empty repo. When the repo's not empty, I still can't git svn clone

Sebastian Sdorra

Sep 2, 2011, 5:27:34 AM9/2/11
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Could you please test this
http://download.scm-manager.org/issues/45/scm-server-app-1.7-2011090201.zip
version.

Peter Nicolai

Sep 6, 2011, 2:35:56 PM9/6/11
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
OK, I was able to git svn clone a repo, then did a series of commits between the git working copy and an svn working copy using dcommit & rebase, and all those things worked on Windows with this version.