Can scm-manager use Subversion parent-path model?

Andy

Jul 18, 2011, 4:05:12 PM7/18/11
to scmmanager
Hi,

We currently have a single Subversion repository that contains a
number of projects. We currently access these through Apache with a
URL of the form http://fileserver/svn/project. Apache and mod_dav
deals with the multiple projects within the same repository.

I *think* that the scm-manager design expects each project to have
it's own repository? Could it cope with the multiple projects in a
single repository?

--
Andy

Sebastian Sdorra

Jul 19, 2011, 3:10:24 AM7/19/11
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
It is possible to manage multiple projects in one Subversion
repository with SCM-Manager, but you can't set different privileges to
the projects. Example of urls:

http://scm.example.com/scm/svn/repo/project1
http://scm.example.com/scm/svn/repo/project2
http://scm.example.com/scm/svn/repo/project3

If you want to test it, create a new subversion repository with
scm-manager, export the old repository with "svnadmin dumb" and import
it with "svnadmin load" in the new one. For example:

svn-server> svnadmin dump /path/to/the/repository > repo.dump
# Create the new repository with scm-manager and copy the repo.dump
file to the scm-manager server
scm-server> svnadmin load --force-uuid < repo.dump

If you want to point your svn working copy to the new server, use "svn switch":

local-pc> svn switch --relocate http://fileserver/svn/project
http://scm.example.com/scm/svn/repo/project1

Sebastian