Sandboxing on OS X

Neil Hodgson

Apr 3, 2012, 8:53:02 AM4/3/12
to scite-interest
Apple plans to require apps distributed through the Mac App Store
to be sandboxed starting from June 1. I have written some
documentation about how I expect it to work with SciTE and the new
Allow Access dialog added so that SciTE for OS X can remain useful.
http://scintilla.org/Sandbox.html

While this doesn't affect the other platforms yet, I expect to see
sandboxes slowly take over the world. Metro apps on Windows 8 will be
sandboxed although Windows 8 still contains a non-sandboxed desktop
mode. I don't currently plan to implement SciTE for Metro as it would
require the user interface to be completely rewritten.

Neil