Richardson-Lucy deconvolution

Christoph Deil

Oct 8, 2013, 10:43:47 AM10/8/13
to scikit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I wanted to try out Richardson-Lucy deconvolution on some astronomy images.

Is this already available in some scientific Python package?

Would it be a welcome addition for scikit-image?
It seems very easy to implement looking at this description and I could give it a try.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richardson–Lucy_deconvolution

Christoph

Juan Nunez-Iglesias

Oct 8, 2013, 10:41:22 PM10/8/13
to scikit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christoph,

I don't know of any Python implementations, and I agree with you that it looks reasonable to implement well in the scipy stack. I'd vote in favor of adding it to scikit-image (potentially in a new "deconvolution" module), but we'll have to hear from the other devs before we make a decision.

Juan.

Christoph

Christoph Gohlke

Oct 8, 2013, 10:55:28 PM10/8/13
to scikit...@googlegroups.com
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richardson�Lucy_deconvolution
>
> Christoph

There are implementations for microscopy images in the following Python
packages:

IOCBio <http://code.google.com/p/iocbio/>
See also "Application of regularized Richardson�Lucy algorithm for
deconvolution of confocal microscopy images"
DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2818.2011.03486.x

Python-microscopy <http://code.google.com/p/python-microscopy>

Christoph

Stéfan van der Walt

Oct 14, 2013, 11:28:22 AM10/14/13
to scikit-image
Hi Christoph

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Christoph Deil
<deil.ch...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to try out Richardson-Lucy deconvolution on some astronomy images.

This would make for a nice addition to the existing inverse filtering
options (which are, frankly, pretty badly implemented). Those were
some of the first pieces of code written, and could do with some love.

Stéfan