Who are the STS-107 EVA crewmen, and do they have SAFRs along on this flight?

James Oberg

Jan 22, 2003, 9:00:51 AM1/22/03

Who are the STS-107 EVA crewmen, and do they have SAFRs along on this
flight?

I will establish relevance, judge, please allow this line of questioning.

Jacques van Oene

Jan 22, 2003, 10:48:42 AM1/22/03
If my information is right, Anderson and Brown are the STS-107 EVA crew...

I do not know about safer...

--
----

Jacques :-)

Editor: www.spacepatches.info

James Oberg <james...@houston.rr.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
nuxX9.84626$Pb.35...@twister.austin.rr.com...

James Oberg

Jan 22, 2003, 12:43:45 PM1/22/03

I've been informed there are no SAFRs on 107.

Eddie Lyons

Jan 22, 2003, 5:53:43 PM1/22/03
"James Oberg" <james...@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:<lLAX9.60017$aG4.3...@twister.austin.rr.com>...

> I've been informed there are no SAFRs on 107.

Surely this is a non-issue? Given that it's a non-Station mission,
SAFERs would not be essential. It is only because a docked Shuttle
would not be able to chase down an EVA "man overboard" that SAFER is a
prerequisite both on ISS itself and on Shuttle missions to the
Station.

If you have identified an issue, do tell! 8-)

Eddie Lyons
Portsmouth, UK

Dave Fowler

Jan 22, 2003, 6:20:22 PM1/22/03
>From: "James Oberg" james...@houston.rr.com

>Who are the STS-107 EVA crewmen, and do they have SAFRs along on this
>flight?

Chawla told me Brown was EV1, Anderson was EV2 and Clark was IV.

Dave

James Oberg

Jan 22, 2003, 8:52:19 PM1/22/03

"Eddie Lyons" <eddie...@virgin.net>

> If you have identified an issue, do tell! 8-)

There was some initial concern over ET insulation impacting a wing during
ascent, but that seems to now be evaluated as essentially harmless.

Stuf4

Jan 22, 2003, 10:01:30 PM1/22/03
From James Oberg:

> I've been informed there are no SAFRs on 107.

You may want to buy a vowel if you'd like to conform to the official
NASA acronym for their jetpack (at least I've never seen it referred
to without the 'E' for EVA).

Here's one of Bill Harwood's webpages with lots of details about the
STS-107 mission, listing Brown as EV1 and Anderson as EV2:
http://spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts107/fdf/107quicklook1.html

(more here- http://www.cbsnews.com/network/news/space/current.html)

I hope this helps for whatever you are working on.

~ CT