Mpemba Effect and Non-Newtonian Fluids: Doorway to new discoveries

James McGinn

Jan 28, 2016, 6:36:08 PM1/28/16
Report not abuse

James McGinn
January 18, 2016 at 6:32 am
Hi Daniel,

I believe I have found the key to resolving the Mpemba effect. I see that you are quite dismissive of its existence. I would advise against this. I think there is a flaw or shortcoming in the traditional understanding of hydrogen bonding and Mpemba effect is evidence thereof. Another anomaly, one that is kind of similar to Mpemba, is Non-Newtonian fluids. But there are many anomalies associated with H2O, as I suspect you know.

I believe hydrogen bonding has been systematically misunderstood in that the relationship between the strength of an H bond and its distance has been assumed to normal when actually it is inverse. I have written a paper on this. Here are some links if you are interested:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.physics/Cin1MQ4ZyFU/QmNEM9mnDgAJ
or
https://zenodo.org/record/37224

BTW, I'm not saying that I have fully resolved the Mpemba effect. That would take some doing. But I am saying I have found the key that will eventually, either by me or somebody else, lead to its resolution.

If you'd like an MS Word copy that you can print out just drop me an email:'

Jim McGinn
jimmcginn9 at gmail dot com

James McGinn
January 18, 2016 at 11:20 pm
"Such theories have not been accepted by the scientific community as far as I can tell. After all, they fly in the face of the basic laws of thermodynamics."

You are being dogmatic and stubborn. Consider the possibility that there is something about H2O hydrogen bonding that you don't yet understand. Stop meekly hiding behind what you know and start boldly embracing contradiction. That is where the discoveries lay waiting to be found.

And stop wrapping yourself in the flag of the, "scientific community." It's arrogant to suggest that the scientific community is the end-all-determinant of scientific truth. Some of the greatest scientific truths were first revealed when fractions of evidence that didn't quite fit with the current model kept popping up, irritating everybody. These slivers of contradiction eventually grew into the doorways to new understanding. This has happened over and over again.

Mpemba effect is subtle enough that it can be easily dismissed by people that stubbornly cling to the notion that they got it all figured out. But here is some evidence that even the most dismissive, arrogant know-it-all cannot easily dismiss. And it is the same mechanism as Mpemba:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mYHGn_Pd5M

Here is the Key:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.physics/Cin1MQ4ZyFU/QmNEM9mnDgAJ

Odd Bodkin

Jan 28, 2016, 6:46:51 PM1/28/16
Report not abuse
On 1/28/2016 5:36 PM, James McGinn wrote:

Episode 3217 in Jim McGinn's quest to tilt windmills.

JM: "I believe there is an interesting anomaly that maybe I can explain
with this idea I have. Actually, it's not clear I can explain it at all,
but my idea might be interesting to you anyway, and eventually I might
get it to the point where it actually does explain this anomaly. Tell me
what you think."

Reviewer: "I think you haven't learned the basics of thermodynamics."

JM: "And you are a dismissive, arrogant, know-it-all twit who can't
recognize that the effect is not so easily understood."

Stay tuned for Episode 3218 where Jim has the same conversation, but
about the Limpnoodle Effect.

--
Odd Bodkin --- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

Sergio

Jan 28, 2016, 11:04:34 PM1/28/16
Report not abuse
Jim posts parts of his blog here, where the other person is calling him
unknowing, (un-educated, etc etc) in the field, and Jim ignores it, like
he has this delusion, and he must protect his delusion(s). But he posts
the critizum of himself anyway, it shows he got some attention by
somebody, and he fended off yet another out to destroy his idea
(delusion) what ever that is.

James McGinn

Feb 1, 2016, 10:02:55 AM2/1/16
Report not abuse

James McGinn

Feb 11, 2016, 11:36:31 PM2/11/16
Report not abuse

Solving Tornadoes

Feb 13, 2016, 10:09:07 PM2/13/16
Report not abuse

James McGinn

Feb 27, 2016, 11:06:53 AM2/27/16
Report not abuse

James McGinn

Feb 29, 2016, 6:43:59 PM2/29/16
Report not abuse

James McGinn

Mar 18, 2016, 12:34:55 PM3/18/16
Report not abuse

Raymond Yohros

Mar 18, 2016, 1:22:18 PM3/18/16
Report not abuse
the true interesting mysteries of the Mpemba phenomena hide in the convection mechanism. cooling faster because of evaporation (the most obvious aspect) has to be taken out of the equation to really narrow the path to the things that are not jet understood.

r.y

r.y

James McGinn

Mar 18, 2016, 1:45:18 PM3/18/16
Report not abuse
On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 10:22:18 AM UTC-7, Raymond Yohros wrote:
> On Friday, 29 January 2016 00:46:51 UTC+1, Odd Bodkin wrote:
> > On 1/28/2016 5:36 PM, James McGinn wrote:
> >
> > Episode 3217 in Jim McGinn's quest to tilt windmills.
> >
> > JM: "I believe there is an interesting anomaly that maybe I can explain
> > with this idea I have. Actually, it's not clear I can explain it at all,
> > but my idea might be interesting to you anyway, and eventually I might
> > get it to the point where it actually does explain this anomaly. Tell me
> > what you think."
> >
> > Reviewer: "I think you haven't learned the basics of thermodynamics."
> >
> > JM: "And you are a dismissive, arrogant, know-it-all twit who can't
> > recognize that the effect is not so easily understood."
> >
> > Stay tuned for Episode 3218 where Jim has the same conversation, but
> > about the Limpnoodle Effect.
> >

> the true interesting mysteries of the Mpemba phenomena hide in the convection mechanism.

What are you talking about?

James McGinn

Mar 28, 2016, 12:23:06 AM3/28/16
Report not abuse

James McGinn

Apr 20, 2016, 10:35:03 AM4/20/16
Report not abuse
On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 10:22:18 AM UTC-7, Raymond Yohros wrote:
> On Friday, 29 January 2016 00:46:51 UTC+1, Odd Bodkin wrote:
> > On 1/28/2016 5:36 PM, James McGinn wrote:
> >
> > Episode 3217 in Jim McGinn's quest to tilt windmills.
> >
> > JM: "I believe there is an interesting anomaly that maybe I can explain
> > with this idea I have. Actually, it's not clear I can explain it at all,
> > but my idea might be interesting to you anyway, and eventually I might
> > get it to the point where it actually does explain this anomaly. Tell me
> > what you think."
> >
> > Reviewer: "I think you haven't learned the basics of thermodynamics."
> >
> > JM: "And you are a dismissive, arrogant, know-it-all twit who can't
> > recognize that the effect is not so easily understood."
> >
> > Stay tuned for Episode 3218 where Jim has the same conversation, but
> > about the Limpnoodle Effect.
> >

> the true interesting mysteries of the Mpemba phenomena hide in the convection mechanism. cooling faster because of evaporation

Even if the rate of evaporation is higher that wouldn't prove the point. It can only have to do with heat conductivity being higher and staying higher.

James McGinn

Jun 18, 2016, 1:20:27 PM6/18/16
Report not abuse

James McGinn

Jun 18, 2016, 1:20:45 PM6/18/16
Report not abuse

James McGinn

Aug 21, 2016, 4:44:48 PM8/21/16

James McGinn

Sep 4, 2016, 4:33:26 AM9/4/16
On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 10:22:18 AM UTC-7, Raymond Yohros wrote:
> the true interesting mysteries of the Mpemba phenomena hide in the convection mechanism. cooling faster because of evaporation (the most obvious aspect) has to be taken out of the equation to really narrow the path to the things that are not jet understood.have
>
> r.y
>
> r.y

They aren't understood because the underlying dynamics of H2O polarity have been systematically misunderstood as a constant when in actuality they are variable. See the following paper for explication of this underlying, poorly understood, mechanism:
BREAKTHROUGH: Hydrogen Bonding as The Mechanism That Neutralizes H2O Polarity
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.physics/Cin1MQ4ZyFU/QmNEM9mnDgAJ

James McGinn

Sep 4, 2016, 4:50:50 AM9/4/16
On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 10:22:18 AM UTC-7, Raymond Yohros wrote:
I think Mpemba effect has to do with increases in conductivity that are an implication of how water has such a high heat capacity. Look at pendulemic aspects indicated in my books and in my "Breakthrough" paper. Specifically consider the effect of resonance, or more simply "harmony." When there is harmonic resonance amongst the H2O molecules in a body of water, which happens naturally with time, that effectuates a barrier to the rapid transfer of energy in a direct manner and, instead, directs it in a circular manner (or, in a manner determined by the nature of the resonance). And since energy directed in a circular manner has to take a longer path, this explains the Mpemba effect.

Resonance has an effect on the path the energy takes.

James McGinn

Nov 3, 2016, 9:45:43 AM11/3/16

James McGinn

Feb 1, 2017, 11:56:57 PM2/1/17