When we dissolve sugar in tea what happens?

Sanny

May 7, 2009, 12:58:27 PM5/7/09
When we dissolve sugar in tea does volume of tea increases?

If I have a Cup of Tea and I dissolve Sugar where does sugar goes?

Does sugar goes into atomic spaces of tea? Or it floats in tea as
suspended particles?

I heard there is maximum limit on amount on sugar that can dissolve in
a tea called "Water solubility"

If I have water I dissolve Sugar to maximum concentration and then add
salt will the salt get at the bottom or will dissolve?

Why do sand not get dissolve in water? Is it because Sand is heavier
than water and settles at bottom?

When Salt/ Sugar is dissoved in water does the effect of Gravity is
zero?

I have never seen dissolved Salt/Sugar getting at the bottom due to
gravity?

Why do dissolve substance not affected by Gravity?

If a solid is dissolved in a liquid will it remain dissolved for years
together or it will settle down due to gravity?

Why do some substace dissolve while others dont. Is it due to Surface
Tension?

What type of surface tension is formed on dissolved solid?

We know surface tension exists on each surface Is it the Surface
Tension that holds the dissolved Solid in liquids?

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
A Descision making Game

Enjoy & Chat: http://www.GetClub.com
Talk with Computer

Earn $1600/ month: http://www.getclub.com/salesjob.html
Get $200-$400 per sale.

Business Planning Software: http://www.softtanks.com/
3 Versions of Software
1. Small Version: for Owner of Small Shops/ Companies
2. Medium Version: For: Managers working in Small/ Medium sized
Companies or CEO/ Business Owners.
3. Large Version: For: Executives in Large Companies/ Business Owners

Uncle Al

May 7, 2009, 2:04:12 PM5/7/09
Sanny wrote:

> When we dissolve sugar in tea does volume of tea increases?

All your thermal coefficients of expansion are belong to us.

> If I have a Cup of Tea and I dissolve Sugar where does sugar goes?

[snip crap]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candyland

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/

BradGuth

May 7, 2009, 2:22:29 PM5/7/09

Sanny AI, reboot before it's too late. Now you're acting like a 3rd
grader that having trouble dealing with bodily functions.

Use salt instead of sugar, and use just plain old h2o w/o tea.

The same goes for 100% h2o2 = solid crystals

~ BG

Uncle Ben

May 7, 2009, 3:21:59 PM5/7/09

Sanny, why do you post this question to sci.physics, alt.philosophy,
alt.astronomy, sci.physics.relativity?

Take it to wikianswers.com, where the high schoolers take all their
homework questions.

Uncle Ben

Orange Neptune Tyre

May 7, 2009, 4:11:16 PM5/7/09
Learn about newsgroups and their topics, idiot.

Sue...

May 7, 2009, 4:26:51 PM5/7/09
On May 7, 12:58 pm, Sanny <softtank...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> When we dissolve sugar in tea does volume of tea increases?
>
> If I have a Cup of Tea and I dissolve Sugar where does sugar goes?
>
> Does sugar goes into atomic spaces of tea? Or it floats in tea as
> suspended particles?
>
> I heard there is maximum limit on amount on sugar that can dissolve in
> a tea called "Water solubility"

Let's stipulate that tea time in the sugar crystal's
inertial frame is not tea time in the observer's inertial
frame. Therefore:

tea + T (ct) = Sqrt[v1^2 + v2^2 - (v1^2*v2^2)/c^2]

Proper etiquette requires arching the pinky the
curvature of which trivially relates proper tea to
T prime and its reciprocal, tea time.

The inertially moving crystal will conclude that the
walls of the vessel are Lorentz contracted which
translates to neurological dilation of the crystals
cognitive potential for that frame of reference.

When q1q2 > 0 the potential exceeds iq
for sugar crystals and approaches that for entities
with greater cleavage. Empirically, the volume increases.

http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/scanner/2009/04/01-07/scarlett-johansson-cleavage.jpg

Hope that helps.

Sue...

chazwin

May 7, 2009, 5:22:47 PM5/7/09
On May 7, 5:58 pm, Sanny <softtank...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> When we dissolve sugar in tea does volume of tea increases?
>
> If I have a Cup of Tea and I dissolve Sugar where does sugar goes?

It disperses equally throughout he liquid. You might have also asked
where does the tea go when you add it to water.

> Does sugar goes into atomic spaces of tea? Or it floats in tea as
> suspended particles?

The latter.

> I heard there is maximum limit on amount on sugar that can dissolve in
> a tea called "Water solubility"
>
> If I have water I dissolve Sugar to maximum concentration and then add
> salt will the salt get at the bottom or will dissolve?

Soluability is a factor of the solvent, not the solute. If the water
is already saturated with sugar then added slat will sink to the
bottom.

> Why do sand not get dissolve in water? Is it because Sand is heavier
> than water and settles at bottom?

Sand is not soluable.

Immortalist

May 7, 2009, 7:28:58 PM5/7/09
On May 7, 9:58 am, Sanny <softtank...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> When we dissolve sugar in tea does volume of tea increases?
>
> If I have a Cup of Tea and I dissolve Sugar where does sugar goes?

...solubility is a physical property of a liquid multi component
system describing its ability to dissolve a substance, the solute, at
a specific temperature and pressure from another phase.[1] Solubility
is measured as the solute concentration the liquid (or solvent)
contains when equilibrium is reached between the liquid and a second
phase that consists mainly of the solute. The resulting solution is
called a saturated solution.

The solvent is generally a liquid, which can be a pure substance or a
mixture. The species that dissolves, the solute, can be a gas, another
liquid, or a solid. One also speaks of solid solution, but rarely of
solution in a gas (see vapour-liquid equilibrium instead)

The extent of solubility ranges widely, from infinitely soluble (fully
miscible) such as ethanol in water, to poorly soluble, such as silver
chloride in water. The term insoluble is often applied to poorly or
very poorly soluble compounds.

Under certain conditions the equilibrium solubility can be exceeded to
give a so-called supersaturated solution, which is metastable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility

In chemistry, concentration is the measure of how much of a given
substance there is mixed with another substance. This can apply to any
sort of chemical mixture, but most frequently the concept is limited
to homogeneous solutions, where it refers to the amount of solute in
the solvent.

To concentrate a solution, one must add more solute, or reduce the
amount of solvent (for instance, by selective evaporation). By
contrast, to dilute a solution, one must add more solvent, or reduce
the amount of solute.

Unless two substances are fully miscible there exists a concentration
at which no further solute will dissolve in a solution. At this point,
the solution is said to be saturated. If additional solute is added to
a saturated solution, it will not dissolve (except in certain
circumstances, when supersaturation may occur). Instead, phase
separation will occur, leading to either coexisting phases or a
suspension. The point of saturation depends on many variables such as
ambient temperature and the precise chemical nature of the solvent and
solute.

Analytical concentration includes all the forms of that substance in
the solution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentration

Solvation, commonly called dissolution, is the process of attraction
and association of molecules of a solvent with molecules or ions of a
solute. As ions dissolve in a solvent they spread out and become
surrounded by solvent molecules.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solvation

In chemistry, a solution is a homogeneous mixture composed of two or
more substances. In such a mixture, a solute is dissolved in another
substance, known as a solvent. Gases may dissolve in liquids, for
example, carbon dioxide or oxygen in water. Liquids may dissolve in
other liquids. Gases can combine with other gases to form mixtures,
rather than solutions. All solutions are characterized by interactions
between the solvent phase and solute molecules or ions that result in
a net decrease in free energy. Under such a definition, gases
typically cannot function as solvents, since in the gas phase
interactions between molecules are minimal due to the large distances
between the molecules. This lack of interaction is the reason gases
can expand freely and the presence of these interactions is the reason
liquids do not expand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solute

A solvent is a liquid or gas that dissolves a solid, liquid, or
gaseous solute, resulting in a solution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solvent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturation_(chemistry)

(OutWikiedAgain)

Mark Earnest

May 7, 2009, 7:43:40 PM5/7/09

"Sanny" <softt...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> When we dissolve sugar in tea does volume of tea increases?
>
> If I have a Cup of Tea and I dissolve Sugar where does sugar goes?

If you lived in the middle ages, and were an experienced alchemist, you
would know that the dissappearance of the sugar into sweetness was a purely
supernatural effect.

Immortalist

May 7, 2009, 7:46:32 PM5/7/09
On May 7, 4:43 pm, "Mark Earnest" <gmearn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Sanny" <softtank...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Ya but yea might get roasted alive if what you say disturbed the
powers that be.

http://images.google.com/images?q=medieval%20torture

Ahmed Ouahi, Architect

May 7, 2009, 8:00:19 PM5/7/09

Holy Shit!

Does it means, a simply that, along the politics matter has had ever been
any evolution observed...

--
Ahmed Ouahi, Architect
Best Regards!

"Immortalist" <reanima...@yahoo.com> kirjoitti
viestiss�:3aaf29fb-f736-4ec5...@d38g2000prn.googlegroups.com...

extr...@hotmail.com

May 7, 2009, 8:05:35 PM5/7/09
On May 7, 5:00 pm, "Ahmed Ouahi, Architect" <ahmed.ou...@welho.com>
wrote:

> Holy Shit!
>
> Does it means, a simply that, along the politics matter has had ever been
> any evolution observed...
>
> --
> Ahmed Ouahi, Architect
> Best Regards!
>
> "Immortalist" <reanimater_2...@yahoo.com> kirjoitti
> viestissä:3aaf29fb-f736-4ec5-a1ee-fe46adebb...@d38g2000prn.googlegroups.com...

> On May 7, 4:43 pm, "Mark Earnest" <gmearn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > "Sanny" <softtank...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > When we dissolve sugar in tea does volume of tea increases?
>
> > > If I have a Cup of Tea and I dissolve Sugar where does sugar goes?
>
> > If you lived in the middle ages, and were an experienced alchemist, you
> > would know that the dissappearance of the sugar into sweetness was a
> > purely
> > supernatural effect.
>
> Ya but yea might get roasted alive if what you say disturbed the
> powers that be.
>
> http://images.google.com/images?q=medieval%20torture

HeHeHe huh huh huh, if,n yea saids somine that they powers taught dwas
again the bibel you be dead in bain!@

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_heresy

TimR

May 7, 2009, 8:47:51 PM5/7/09
I think it has been several years since I posted here. Maybe longer.

Forget sugar, ask what happens when you add lemon.

The mathematical literate here know the answer. You get the Fischer t-
test. The historical significance of "A Lady Tasting Tea" is
enormous.

Mark Earnest

May 7, 2009, 8:47:35 PM5/7/09

"Immortalist" <reanima...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

***Yes, they couldn't stand their own powers being challenged.

"The Honest One"

May 8, 2009, 2:31:13 AM5/8/09

"TimR" <timot...@aol.com> wrote in message

Two tailed test?
--
HJ

ZerkonXXXX

May 8, 2009, 10:26:10 AM5/8/09
On Thu, 07 May 2009 09:58:27 -0700, Sanny wrote:

> If I have a Cup of Tea and I dissolve Sugar where does sugar goes?

Go? as in 'went to Philadelphia'? Or, 'go' like holding a blanket up to a
child saying 'where's baby (gone)'? Or, 'go' like dissolve? Dissolve is
the go.

erg

May 8, 2009, 12:54:32 PM5/8/09
> http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/scanner/2009/04/01-07/scarlett-johansso...