Arbitrarily long arithmetic progressions of primes

tc...@lsa.umich.edu

Apr 9, 2004, 10:11:31 AM4/9/04
Ben Green and Terence Tao have posted a preprint on the ArXiv whose abstract
states: "We prove that there are arbitrarily long arithmetic progressions of
primes." http://arxiv.org/abs/math/0404188

This is a stunning result! Is this the first public announcement or did I
miss something?
--
Tim Chow tchow-at-alum-dot-mit-dot-edu
The range of our projectiles---even ... the artillery---however great, will

Terence Tao

Apr 13, 2004, 1:30:02 PM4/13/04
In article <4076af13$0$561$b45e...@senator-bedfellow.mit.edu>,

It is our first public announcement, yes. Given the track record for announcements for
well-known conjectures in number theory, it seems a low key approach is appropriate. :-)

Best,

Terry