Books: HEAVY WEATHER

James Clarke

Apr 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/14/95
Did anyone read HEAVY WEATHER? I think that it was on the NYT best
seller list for awhile. Any way, did you notice that when the F6
finally hit, it came from blue sky and from the stratosphere? And
that it was COLD???? Boy, I wish that guy would have called me
before he finished the book! With lower to mid stratospheric air
and no clouds, the potential temp is about 500F. Instead of a COLD
blast of air, he could have described a funnel of this F6 setting
fire to the dry plains, a FIRENADO! Oh well...

Chris Clarke

P.S.: I just loved "when that front hits the dryline, there be
vorticity to spare."