TMT crews fail to reach Mauna Kea summit [Thirty meter telescope]

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Jun 25, 2015, 12:20:55 PM6/25/15
TMT crews fail to reach Mauna Kea summit

Hundreds of protesters turn up to block passage; 12 arrested

By Brenton Awa
KITV
kitv.com
Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Mauna Kea, Hawaii -- On Wednesday, hundreds of protesters
forced construction crews for the Thirty Meter Telescope
to come to a halt, but it didn’t come without sacrifice.

In total, 12 people were arrested for obstructing the
path, but after a six-hour attempt to make it to the top
of the summit, TMT crews only reached about a mile and a
half up from hale pohaku before turning back.

It’s been a long haul for those for and against building
what will be one of the world's largest telescopes on
land held sacred by many Native Hawaiians, a divided
image that has been making headlines since the beginning.

But on Wednesday, that divided image softened as both
protesters and DLNR officers understood what the other
had to do.

"I don't want to arrest anybody. I get Hawaiian just as
much as most of you guys here. I just got to do what I'm
supposed to do as my job," said Lino Kamakau, one of the
DLNR officers at the scene.

Continues at:

http://www.kitv.com/news/tmt-crews-fail-to-reach-mauna-kea-summit/33764608

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.jai-maharaj

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Jun 25, 2015, 12:25:42 PM6/25/15
Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
Forwarded post:

This is the beginning of mass insurrection in Hawaii.
This is the fruit of the Obama years of race baiting and
encouragement of anarchy, of the encouragement of
opposition to police and legal authority. Part & parcel
of his 'fundamental transformation of America' (into a
3rd world cesspool). The Hawaii Army National Guard needs
to be called out by the 'new in office' governor, to
restore law and order on the Big Island. Things have
gotten entirely out of control.

Posted by LeoWindhorse

End of forwarded post.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi