Alien Life On Philae Comet, Scientists Say

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Jul 6, 2015, 8:32:08 PM7/6/15
Alien Life On Philae Comet, Scientists Say

Experts discover dark material is being constantly
replenished and say: "Something must be doing that at a
fairly prolific rate."

sky.com
Monday, July 6, 2015

An image transmitted by the Rosetta space craft

Evidence of alien life is "unequivocal" on the comet
carrying the Philae probe through space, two leading
astronomers have said.

The experts say the most likely explanation for certain
features of the 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko comet, such as
its organic-rich black crust, is the presence of living
organisms beneath an icy surface.

Rosetta, the European spacecraft orbiting the comet, is
also said to have picked up strange "clusters" of organic
material that resemble viral particles.

But neither Rosetta nor its lander probe, Philae, are
equipped to search for direct evidence of life after a
proposal to include this in the mission was allegedly
dismissed.

Astronomer and astrobiologist Professor Chandra
Wickramasinghe, who was involved in planning for the
mission 15 years ago, said: "I wanted to include a very
inexpensive life-detection experiment. At the time it was
thought this was a bizarre proposition."

Continues at:

http://news.sky.com/story/1514080/alien-life-on-philae-comet-scientists-say

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.jai-maharaj

Sam Wormley

Jul 6, 2015, 9:09:38 PM7/6/15
Do micro-organisms explain features on comets?
> http://phys.org/news/2015-07-micro-organisms-features-comets.html

> Dr Wallis, and his colleague Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe,
> Director of the Buckingham Centre for Astrobiology, argue that these
> features are all consistent with a mixture of ice and organic
> material that consolidate under the sun's warming during the comet's
> orbiting in space, when active micro-organisms can be supported.

> In their model, the micro-organisms probably require liquid water
> bodies to colonise the comet and could inhabit cracks in its ice and
> 'snow'. Organisms containing anti-freeze salts are particularly good
> at adapting to these conditions and some could be active at
> temperatures as low as -40 degrees Celsius.

> Sunlit areas of P/67 Churyumov-Gerasimenko have approached this
> temperature last September, when at 500 million km from the Sun and
> weak gas emissions were evident. As it travels to its closest point
> to the Sun – perihelion at 195 million km – the temperature is
> rising, gassing increasing and the micro-organisms should become
> increasingly active.

> Dr Wallis said: "Rosetta has already shown that the comet is not to
> be seen as a deep-frozen inactive body, but supports geological
> processes and could be more hospitable to micro-life than our Arctic
> and Antarctic regions".

> Wallis and Wickramasinghe cite further evidence for life in the
> detection by Philae of abundant complex organic molecules on the
> surface of the comet and in the infrared images taken by Rosetta.
>

> Read more at:
> http://phys.org/news/2015-07-micro-organisms-features-comets.html

sci.physics is an unmoderated newsgroup dedicated to the discussion
of physics, news from the physics community, and physics-related
social issues.