Re: Monaco as a model for global development

Robert Clark

Jul 29, 2015, 9:48:38 AM7/29/15
A central tenet of Ray Kurzweil, Peter Diamandis and other futurists is
technological change is occurring at an exponentially increasing rate.
However, since humans typically think in a linear fashion, the degree by
which these changes occur is unanticipated and unexpected to most people.
Even considering all the technological and scientific changes that occurred
in the 20th century, the science and tech changes that will occur in the
21st will be even *greater*. For business and political policy planners it
is important to keep this in mind on making their policy decisions.

For example, in politics there is much gnashing of teeth and rending of
clothes over laws that were, or were not, should or should not be passed to
address "climate change". However, the *exponential* trends on solar power
show solar power will become the predominant source of energy well before
the dangerous effects of climate change are predicted to occur, unless, of
course, in keeping with the central tenet of exponential change, something
even better comes along before then. ;-)

The same is true for business forecasts. Understanding the exponential
trends, those in the energy fields show be tending to put their longer term
investments in solar power and other energy sources that are showing
exponential growth.

See "Exponential wisdom" by Peter Diamandis:
http://www.abundance360summit.com/podcast/

Bob Clark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A mission to Europa could result in the most important scientific advance in
human history, dwarfing even the Apollo missions,
to discover life on another world. By commercial space, launch and
spacecraft costs can be slashed by a factor of 10 or more.
This would be a cost that could be financed privately. And at costs this low
it can even be done at a profit:

Low cost Europa lander missions.
http://exoscientist.blogspot.com/2015/02/low-cost-europa-lander-missions.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Robert Clark" wrote in message

On Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 9:28:54 AM UTC-4, Robert Clark wrote:
> ...I am a supporter of the point of view of Peter Diamandis, progenitor of
> the X-Prize for a privately-funded space flight, that the upcoming decades
> will be those of "Abundance":
>
> 6 Stages of Exponential Growth (How To Predict The Future)
> http://www.boldbook.com/v1-exponential-thinking.php?utm_source=AR-d0&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=AR-BoldBook
>
> Bob Clark

Further on the thesis that the upcoming decades will be ones of "Abundance":

Disrupting Food.
http://peterdiamandis.tumblr.com/post/117525203843/disrupting-food

Bob Clark