Open Question to LIGO: Why No Gravitational Waves from Neutron Stars?

Pentcho Valev

Jul 16, 2016, 10:39:08 AM7/16/16
Initially neutron star gravitational waves were regarded as "far more common candidates" than black hole gravitational waves:

http://www.lastwordonnothing.com/2016/06/16/getting-from-wow-to-yawn/
"What surprised the LIGO collaboration instead was the nature of what they’d detected. Of the various gravitational-wave-producers that LIGO might observe—the kind that disturb space-time to such an extent that LIGO could register the aftershock—the collision of binary black holes was perhaps the least likely. Supernovae, neutron stars, colliding neutron stars: These were what the LIGO collaboration foresaw as far more common candidates. And now LIGO has detected a second pair of colliding black holes."

http://theadvocate.com/news/15893528-126/after-breakthrough-gravitational-wave-finding-ligo-scientists-look-ahead-to-new-discoveries
"Before the Sept. 14 detection, LIGO scientists had focused their calculations on the mergers of neutron stars, not black holes. That’s because neutron stars — the dense remnants of collapsed stars — had been observed already through other means, like electromagnetic radiation, and were, thus, more predictable, said Joseph Giaime, head of the LIGO Livingston Observatory and a professor of physics and astronomy at LSU."

Judging from the text above, the detection of neutron star gravitational waves is much easier. Even if the signal is weak and inconclusive at first, comparison with INTEGRAL's data might lead to a straightforward conclusion in the end:

http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Space_Science/Integral_sets_limits_on_gamma_rays_from_merging_black_holes
"Models predict that the merging of two stellar-mass black holes would not produce light at any wavelength, but if one or two neutron stars were involved in the process, then a characteristic signature should be observable across the electromagnetic spectrum. Another possible source of gravitational waves would be an asymmetric supernova explosion, also known to emit light over a range of wavelengths. [...] Integral is sensitive to transient sources of high-energy emission over the whole sky, and thus a team of scientists searched through its data, seeking signs of a sudden burst of hard X-rays or gamma rays that might have been recorded at the same time as the gravitational waves were detected. "We searched through all the available Integral data, but did not find any indication of high-energy emission associated with the LIGO detection," says Volodymyr Savchenko of the François Arago Centre in Paris, France. Volodymyr is the lead author of a paper reporting the results, published today in Astrophysical Journal Letters. [...] Subsequent analysis of the LIGO data has shown that the gravitational waves were produced by a pair of coalescing black holes, each with a mass roughly 30 times that of our Sun, located about 1.3 billion light years away. Scientists do not expect to see any significant emission of light at any wavelength from such events, and thus Integral's null detection is consistent with this scenario. [...] The only exception was the Gamma-Ray Burst Monitor on NASA's Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope, which observed what appears to be a sudden burst of gamma rays about 0.4 seconds after the gravitational waves were detected. The burst lasted about one second and came from a region of the sky that overlaps with the strip identified by LIGO. This detection sparked a bounty of theoretical investigations, proposing possible scenarios in which two merging black holes of stellar mass could indeed have released gamma rays along with the gravitational waves. However, if this gamma-ray flare had had a cosmic origin, either linked to the LIGO gravitational wave source or to any other astrophysical phenomenon in the Universe, it should have been detected by Integral as well. The absence of any such detection by both instruments on Integral suggests that the measurement from Fermi could be unrelated to the gravitational wave detection."

So why are you silent about neutron star gravitational waves, LIGO folks? Unless you break the silence, the only conceivable explanation is this:

Faking black hole gravitational waves remains unpunished and is awarded with millions of dollars while faking neutron star gravitational waves can be exposed by alternative observations and is therefore too dangerous.

Pentcho Valev

Pentcho Valev

Jul 17, 2016, 6:33:27 PM7/17/16
"Advanced LIGO is likely to observe mergers of double neutron star (NS/NS) binaries at a rate of a few to a few hundred per year; and black-hole/neutron-star (BH/NS) binaries perhaps in a comparable range of rates." Benjamin J. Owen Pennsylvania State University, Endorsed by: David H. Reitze (University of Florida), Stanley E. Whitcomb (LIGO-Caltech)
http://www8.nationalacademies.org/ssbsurvey/DetailFileDisplay.aspx?id=146

Yet nothing so far? Not even weak and inconclusive signals that could be confirmed or disconfirmed by INTEGRAL? Or faking these signals, unlike faking signals from black-hole/black-hole binaries, is too dangerous? INTEGRAL may expose the fraud?

http://www.thenational.ae/arts-life/the-review/why-albert-einstein-continues-to-make-waves-as-black-holes-collide#full
"Einstein believed in neither gravitational waves nor black holes. [...] Dr Natalia Kiriushcheva, a theoretical and computational physicist at the University of Western Ontario (UWO), Canada, says that while it was Einstein who initiated the gravitational waves theory in a paper in June 1916, it was an addendum to his theory of general relativity and by 1936, he had concluded that such things did not exist. Furthermore - as a paper published by Einstein in the Annals of Mathematics in October, 1939 made clear, he also rejected the possibility of black holes. [...] On September 16, 2010, a false signal - a so-called "blind injection" - was fed into both the Ligo and Virgo systems as part of an exercise to "test ... detection capabilities". At the time, the vast majority of the hundreds of scientists working on the equipment had no idea that they were being fed a dummy signal. The truth was not revealed until March the following year, by which time several papers about the supposed sensational discovery of gravitational waves were poised for publication. "While the scientists were disappointed that the discovery was not real, the success of the analysis was a compelling demonstration of the collaboration's readiness to detect gravitational waves," Ligo reported at the time. But take a look at the visualisation of the faked signal, says Dr Kiriushcheva, and compare it to the image apparently showing the collision of the twin black holes, seen on the second page of the recently-published discovery paper. "They look very, very similar," she says. "It means that they knew exactly what they wanted to get and this is suspicious for us: when you know what you want to get from science, usually you can get it." The apparent similarity is more curious because the faked event purported to show not a collision between two black holes, but the gravitational waves created by a neutron star spiralling into a black hole. The signals appear so similar, in fact, that Dr Kiriushcheva questions whether the "true" signal might actually have been an echo of the fake, "stored in the computer system from when they turned off the equipment five years before"."

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2076754-latest-rumour-of-gravitational-waves-is-probably-true-this-time/
"In 2010, before LIGO had been upgraded to its present sensitivity, a textbook chirp that looked like two black holes colliding came through. The team drafted a paper and sent maps of where the signal may have come from to astronomers, who searched for a counterpart with other telescopes. There was just one problem: the signal was a fake deliberately injected into the data stream to make sure the team would be able to spot a real one. The dramatic opening of a sealed envelope revealed that fact to 300 team members in the room, with 100 more watching via a video link." [Note that in 2010 not only LIGO members were deceived - astronomers all over the world were misled into wasting time and money and looking for the non-existent black hole collision.]

http://motls.blogspot.bg/2016/02/ligo-journal-servers-behind-scenes.html
" On September 9th, the LIGO folks were already convinced that they would discover the waves soon. Some of them were thinking what they would buy for the Nobel prize and all of them had to make an online vote about the journal where the discovery should be published. It has to be Physical Review Letters because PRL (published by the APS) is the best journal for the Nobel-prize-caliber papers, the LIGO members decided. Five days later, Advanced LIGO made the discovery. Four more days later, as you know, they officially started Advanced LIGO. ;-) "

Pentcho Valev

Pentcho Valev

Jul 18, 2016, 4:17:05 AM7/18/16
Einstein schizophrenic world: LIGO profiteers make money by discovering ripples in spacetime; other profiteers make money by discovering that spacetime does not exist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U47kyV4TMnE
Nima Arkani-Hamed (06:11): "Almost all of us believe that space-time doesn't really exist, space-time is doomed and has to be replaced by some more primitive building blocks."

https://www.edge.org/response-detail/26563
Nobel Laureate David Gross observed, "Everyone in string theory is convinced...that spacetime is doomed. But we don't know what it's replaced by."

https://edge.org/response-detail/25477
What scientific idea is ready for retirement? Steve Giddings: "Spacetime. Physics has always been regarded as playing out on an underlying stage of space and time. Special relativity joined these into spacetime... [...] The apparent need to retire classical spacetime as a fundamental concept is profound..."

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20727721.200-rethinking-einstein-the-end-of-spacetime.html
"Rethinking Einstein: The end of space-time [...] The stumbling block lies with their conflicting views of space and time. As seen by quantum theory, space and time are a static backdrop against which particles move. In Einstein's theories, by contrast, not only are space and time inextricably linked, but the resulting space-time is moulded by the bodies within it. [...] Something has to give in this tussle between general relativity and quantum mechanics, and the smart money says that it's relativity that will be the loser."

http://gjl038.g.j.pic.centerblog.net/3fea2faf.jpg

Pentcho Valev

Pentcho Valev

Jul 28, 2016, 12:34:45 PM7/28/16
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/science/Einstein-will-continue-to-be-relevant-/articleshow/53434554.cms
Clifford Will: "I must say that when they found the waves, proving Einstein right, I thought it came from an unexpected source (the black holes). I thought it would be neutron stars."

Faking black hole gravitational waves is safe (nobody can expose the fraud) but faking neutron star gravitational waves is dangerous:

[...]

Unless INTEGRAL gets involved in LIGO's fraud (a few more millions would be needed), no neutron star gravitational waves will be "discovered".

Pentcho Valev

Pentcho Valev

Aug 1, 2016, 6:24:35 PM8/1/16
PETITION: Prof. Karsten Danzmann, please answer 3 questions on the measurement of gravitational waves in connection with the LIGO Experiment.
https://www.change.org/p/prof-karsten-danzmann-beantworten-sie-bitte-3-fragen-über-das-ligo-experiment

I signed this petition.

Pentcho Valev

Pentcho Valev

Aug 4, 2016, 6:36:28 AM8/4/16
LIGO fraudsters believe that the gullible world is more gullible than it really is:

http://phys.org/news/2016-08-physicists-gravitational-neutron-star-collisions.html
"Last February, scientists made the groundbreaking discovery of gravitational waves produced by two colliding black holes. Now researchers are expecting to detect similar gravitational wave signals in the near future from collisions involving neutron stars—for example, the merging of two neutron stars to form a black hole, or the merging of a neutron star and a black hole."

In the near future?!? They should have already detected them, or at least informed the world about dozens of suspicious signals - INTEGRAL would tell them whether the signals are from collisions involving neutron stars or not:

http://theadvocate.com/news/15893528-126/after-breakthrough-gravitational-wave-finding-ligo-scientists-look-ahead-to-new-discoveries
"Before the Sept. 14 detection, LIGO scientists had focused their calculations on the mergers of neutron stars, not black holes. That’s because neutron stars — the dense remnants of collapsed stars — had been observed already through other means, like electromagnetic radiation, and were, thus, more predictable, said Joseph Giaime, head of the LIGO Livingston Observatory and a professor of physics and astronomy at LSU." x

http://www.lastwordonnothing.com/2016/06/16/getting-from-wow-to-yawn/
"What surprised the LIGO collaboration instead was the nature of what they’d detected. Of the various gravitational-wave-producers that LIGO might observe—the kind that disturb space-time to such an extent that LIGO could register the aftershock—the collision of binary black holes was perhaps the least likely. Supernovae, neutron stars, colliding neutron stars: These were what the LIGO collaboration foresaw as far more common candidates." x

http://www8.nationalacademies.org/ssbsurvey/DetailFileDisplay.aspx?id=146
Benjamin J. Owen, Pennsylvania State University; Endorsed by: David H. Reitze (University of Florida), Stanley E. Whitcomb (LIGO-Caltech): "Advanced LIGO is likely to observe mergers of double neutron star (NS/NS) binaries at a rate of a few to a few hundred per year; and black-hole/neutron-star (BH/NS) binaries perhaps in a comparable range of rates."

The only reason why LIGO haven't "discovered" neutron star gravitational waves yet is that faking such waves is dangerous - INTEGRAL may expose the fraud.

Pentcho Valev

Pentcho Valev

Aug 31, 2016, 4:43:53 PM8/31/16
http://optics.org/news/7/8/47
"The world knows about the historic recording at LIGO a year ago of two wild black holes crashing a billion years ago, confirming Einstein’s theories, said Daniel Sigg, the exuberant chief scientist at the observatory that made the discovery. But stay tuned. “This was not a one-time shot,” he said. “Next time, we won’t be out to prove that gravitational waves exist. Now, we are just going to do astrophysics. “We are going to find more black holes, more neutron stars, more binary neutron-star mergers,” said Sigg..."

How many neutron stars have you "found" already, Sigg? Zero? No signal at all? Not even a hint of a signal? Why? Dangerous to fake such signals? INTEGRAL may expose the fraud?

Pentcho Valev

Pentcho Valev

Sep 3, 2016, 3:33:51 AM9/3/16
On Thursday, September 1, 2016 Prokaryotic Caspase Homolog wrote in sci.physics.relativity:

> Have patience. LIGO is currently offline undergoing upgrades. This accounts
> for the recent silence in regards to new results that you find so disturbing.

The world should wait until LIGO profiteers find a way to safely fake neutron star gravitational waves?

Pentcho Valev

Pentcho Valev

Sep 4, 2016, 2:13:42 AM9/4/16
On Sunday, September 4, 2016, Gary Harnagel wrote in sci.physics.relativity:

> You'll be eating crow a year from now when NS/NS signals are found.

I am sure they will find a way to safely fake NS/NS signals, sooner or later. For the moment however faking NS/NS signals is too dangerous - the fraud would be easily exposed. If gravitational waves did exist, there would be a great number of inconclusive detections which could be compared with INTEGRAL's data - some of them may turn out to be NS/NS signals. LIGO conspirators don't even hint at such inconclusive detections (there is one but the signal comes from, surprise surprise, a black hole merger).

Pentcho Valev