The Worst Mistake in Theoretical Physics

Pentcho Valev

Jan 20, 2017, 4:21:13 PM1/20/17
What Was The Worst Mistake Ever Made In Theoretical Physics? http://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2017/01/20/what-was-the-worst-mistake-ever-made-in-theoretical-physics/

My reply in Forbes:

The worst mistake in theoretical physics is undoubtedly Einstein's 1905 false constant-speed-of-light postulate. Of the following two statements one is absolutely true, the other is false:

(A) The speed of light depends on the speed of the light source.

(B) The speed of light is independent of the speed of the light source.

Einstein hesitated between A (a tenet of Newton's emission theory of light) and B (a tenet of the ether theory) and finally chose B, the false one, as his 1905 second postulate. As a result, science became insane (died).

Pentcho Valev

Pentcho Valev

Jan 21, 2017, 7:41:32 PM1/21/17
For Nima Arkani-Hamed, the constant speed of light should be introduced because "we don't want arbitrarily distant regions in the Universe to be able to affect us":

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPerMYif2oE
RELATIVITY - Galileo to Einstein - Nima Arkani-Hamed

The same Nima Arkani-Hamed teaches that spacetime, the consequence of the constant speed of light, does not exist (true premise, nonexistent consequence!?!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U47kyV4TMnE
Nima Arkani-Hamed (06:09): "Almost all of us believe that space-time doesn't really exist, space-time is doomed and has to be replaced by some more primitive building blocks."

We all live in Einstein's schizophrenic world, don't we?

Pentcho Valev