2035 Eclipse

Fritz Owl

Jun 20, 2017, 5:05:27 PM6/20/17

Even though it is 18 years away, the 2035 eclipse could present a problem
for some American travellers as Pyongyang will be in the path of totality,
and that one Congressman is currently pushing a bill to ban American travel
to North Korea.

If that ban is still in effect in 2035, it should be noted that Americans
who do not live in the United States will be not subject to the travel
restrictions, if they hold dual nationality and use their other passport to
travel to Pyongyang in 2035.

So for those Chinese citizens who hold USA/China dual citizenship (and there
are quite a few) who live in China, and decide to travel to Pyongyang in
2035, you can use your Chinese passport to enter and depart North Korea and
will be not subject to this ban, if it is still in place in the year 2035.

China/USA dual nationals who live in China, use money drawn on Chinese
banks, and use their Chinese passports to travel to Pyongyang in 2035 for
that eclipse will be not subject to any restrictionn on DPRK travel imposed
by the American government.

Mike Dworetsky

Jun 21, 2017, 3:04:35 AM6/21/17
Or, to simplify things greatly, one could note that the eclipse will also be
visible from NE China and Japan, for which these travel problems are
unlikely to be a factor.

--
Mike Dworetsky

(Remove pants sp*mbl*ck to reply)

John

Jun 21, 2017, 7:01:55 AM6/21/17
Unless Nurkreeyah has, by that time, initiated the last global
conflict, China and Japan have both been vitrified into trinitite and
what we so amusingly think of as our "civilisation" has degenerated
into a post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland haunted by remnants and
relic species.
Then travel to the former isles of Japan may be a little onerous.
J.

Mike Dworetsky

Jun 21, 2017, 1:10:06 PM6/21/17
In which case, we will have more pressing problems to solve.

Fritz Owl

Jun 30, 2017, 6:39:14 AM6/30/17

"Mike Dworetsky" <plati...@pants.btinternet.com> wrote in message
There is some good news about this. The latest version of the bill has a
sunset provision where the law will expire 5 years after it takes effect. So
unless Congress renews it at sometime in the future, the North Korea travel
ban will expire long before 2035.

Thomas

Jun 30, 2017, 12:43:40 PM6/30/17
On Friday, June 30, 2017 at 6:39:14 AM UTC-4, Fritz Owl wrote:

> There is some good news about this. The latest version of the bill has a
> sunset provision where the law will expire 5 years after it takes effect.

My bet is there will be a hundredthousand American visitors soon.

Mike Van Pelt

Jul 7, 2017, 7:41:38 PM7/7/17
In article <59498e16$0$17465$c3e8da3$dd96...@news.astraweb.com>,
Fritz Owl <Frit...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>China/USA dual nationals who live in China, use money drawn on Chinese
>banks, and use their Chinese passports to travel to Pyongyang in 2035 for
>that eclipse will be not subject to any restrictionn on DPRK travel imposed
>by the American government.

But it's kind of hard to see the eclipse from inside the
torture chamber in Kim Jong Unspeakable's dungeon.

--
"The urge to save humanity is almost | Mike Van Pelt
always a false front for the urge to rule." | mvp at calweb.com
-- H.L. Mencken | KE6BVH