Sustaining Garden-Based Learning in Public Schools - Seeds of Change Workshop Presentation from 2015 NCYGS

John Fisher

Jul 11, 2015, 5:27:23 PM7/11/15
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
At the 2015 AHS National Child and Youth Gardening Symposium Jane Hirschi - City Sprouts, Scott Feille - Real School Gardens, Rachel Pringle - Education Outside, and Sam Ullery - Office of State Superintendent of Schools in DC presented a workshop called Seeds of Change where they shared successes and lessons learned from running school garden support organizations. Find the presentation attached.

The title of the workshop is based upon Jane Hirshi's book Ripe for Change which documents these school garden support organizations in more detail.

For me it was the best workshop of the symposium and our network of school garden support organizations plans to bring a similar discussion to the Farm to Cafeteria conference in Madison WI in June 2016.

JOHN
--
John Fisher - Director of Programs and Partnerships
Life Lab  •  1156 High St., Santa Cruz, CA, 95064  •  831.471.7831  -  831.459.3483 (fax)

Life Lab cultivates children's love of learning, healthy food, and nature through garden-based education.

The Book of Gardening Projects for Kids: 101 Ways to Get Kids Outside, Dirty, and Having Fun
Hear how Life Lab is Changing the Nature of Education.
Seeds of Change__YGS2015.pdf

rac...@educationoutside.org

Jul 15, 2015, 12:40:30 PM7/15/15
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
It was a really fun time in Austin and thanks for posting John! I look forward to getting together at the WI conference in the new year!

Rachel