IDPA Match this Saturday, 11/1

ch...@hhk.win.net

Oct 28, 2014, 7:30:27 AM10/28/14
to sccc-o...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted to send you a quick reminder that we are having our last scheduled monthly match of the season this weekend on Saturday, November 1, 2014.  Two of our club members, Andrew Zeh and Jessica Causey, have volunteered to design and organize the stages this month.  Since they are getting married the very next day, I think they are crazy, but it proves they have gun powder in their veins.  I am looking forward to what they will be designing and wish them love and happiness in their marriage.

For those of you who would like to volunteer to design stages for our monthly matches next year, we are always looking for those to help with the match.  The more volunteers, the easier it is on everyone.  After 5 years of running the club, my brain gets a bit lean on the stages and having reliable help with putting on the match is sooooo appreciated.  I was very happy to have Brian Jueckstock step up to volunteer to help design and run most of our monthly matches this year while I could concentrate putting together the Kentuckiana Kolonel, again.  It was nice to have someone I could count on to help me with the administrative stuff and it didn't hurt he could give us a voice on the board, too.  However, now that we have popped another Kolonel, I'm back on task and focusing in on our next monthly match season that will start back (weather permitting) in March.

For the November match, we are looking for folks to volunteer to be SOs.  Remember, SOs shoot for free at Silver Creek, so put our name in before someone else beats you to it.  Also, as you bring friends to join  us, please keep in mind that shooters are only allowed to shoot with us once before needing to join IDPA, also.  The annual dues is only $40 and we have registration forms at the match if you want to sign up then.  The Silver Creek IDPA match fees are $15 for Silver Creek members and $18 for non-Silver Creek members.  If you are new to IDPA, please make sure you familiarize yourself with the current IDPA rulebook and arrive before 9:15 to complete your paperwork and report to the new shooters orientation that starts at 9:30am.  Once stages are set up and orientation is complete we will begin shooting.  We should be done and torn down by around 1:30pm.

I look forward to seeing you folks this Saturday and thank you for such a successful season.

Leigh Ann Jeter
IDPA Match Director
Silver Creek Conservation Club
Kentuckiana Kolonel