Safety and USPSA Sunday

ch...@hhk.win.net

Apr 11, 2014, 7:43:41 AM4/11/14
to sccc-o...@googlegroups.com
As the weather improves and more shooters come out to the range, We just wanted to mention a little about safety .

As you should know, center fire rifles are not allowed on club property, let alone being shot on club property. This includes rifles that are chambered for pistol cartridges, like are now legal for deer hunting in Indiana. We just have too many close neighbors to have high power bullets going out of the range. I don't know if you have noticed but you can see several houses from the range that were not there just a couple years ago. Please be careful of where your muzzle is pointed and be cautious of ricochets from the gravel.

We will begin selling cardboard pistol targets at the club meetings, starting this coming Monday. We will have both USPSA and IDPA targets available for only $1.00 each. We are making these available for practice and also to get members to use the targets, sticks and stands and to discourage people from putting targets on barrels and spools. As you probably know, bullets can ricochet off the steel in the spools and spin around and come back at you from inside a barrel.

SILVER CREEK CONSERVATION CLUB USPSA this Sunday, 4/13/2014. Sunday target placement 8am, shooters meeting just prior to hammer down @ 10:30am. Registration is in the clubhouse. Registration will close at 10 am. Match fee, $15 SCCC members, $20 non members. 6 stages, 168 rounds, 1 classifier. 5 stages will be freestyle courses of fire with plenty of movement, tight shoots, hard cover and steel. I will need RO's so post here if you are willing to RO. Match fee for RO's is $5. Sunday morning setup crew will have coffee, biscuits and sausage courtesy of Lee Leonard's Road Kill Café. Hope to see you Sunday morning.