Senior Beamline Scientist - I04-1/XChem - Diamond Light Source, UK

gar...@gmail.com

May 21, 2021, 12:09:20 PM5/21/21
to SCANZ info
Job Title: Senior Beamline Scientist - I04-1/XChem

Business Area: Science
Full Time Salary: £43,790 - £51,517
Post Type: Full time / Permanent

About Us
Diamond Light Source is one of the world’s most advanced scientific facilities. We’re home to the UK’s synchrotron light source – a giant microscope producing beams of light 10 billion times brighter than the sun. Probing the structure and composition of matter, our work drives innovation in everything from vaccines to nanotech.

About the Role
The world-first XChem facility at Diamond offers routine and fast crystal-based fragment screening to academia and industry. The platform supports all steps from crystal soaking and harvesting to data collection and analysis. It is part of the MX beamline I04-1 and is shared with the XChem industrial group.

We are now recruiting a Senior Beamline Scientist to manage the facility, its academic user program, operation and development. The role-holder will provide leadership to a small support team of experienced staff for the day-to-day operation, and closely liaise with the XChem industry group.

The role will also drive the upgrade of XChem sample preparation facility to meet the challenges of I04-1’s upgrade to K04, an ultra-high throughput fragment screening platform.

About You
You will hold a relevant PhD or demonstrate significant equivalent experience of fragment screening;

You will demonstrate extensive experience of user support in an international user facility, along with experience of compound management, macromolecular crystallography, crystal handling and soaking along with fragment screening.

A strong interest in making an impact to the field of fragment-based drug discovery is a must.

The nature of the role requires strong organisational skills, methodological thinking and ability to interact with people of different roles in a fast pace environment.

Benefits
Diamond offers an exceptional benefits package to support staff in achieving a positive work/life balance. This includes 25 days annual leave plus 13 days of statutory and company holidays, along with flexible working hours and an excellent pension scheme. Staff also have access to a range of amenities on site including a nursery, cafes, a restaurant and sports and leisure facilities. A relocation allowance may also be available where applicable.

To Apply
Please use the online application process to apply and tell us why you believe you are suitable for this role.

Diamond is a thriving international organisation, attracting a diverse range of talented individuals from around the world. Our staff currently comprises 39 nationalities and we welcome applications from everyone interested in joining us.

vacancies.diamond.ac.uk/vacancy/senior-beamline-scientist-i041-xchem-443594.html