scalaz 7.0.0 final released

Lars Hupel

Apr 21, 2013, 12:17:23 PM4/21/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
Just staged on Sonatype:

"org.scalaz" %% "scalaz-core" % "7.0.0"

for Scala binary versions 2.9.2, 2.9.3 and 2.10.

That's right, a final release! It is identical to the second release
candidate.

Release notes: https://github.com/scalaz/scalaz/wiki/7.0.0

*Note:* This is a release in the 7.0.x series, for which we'll provide
binary compatibility.

***

Big thanks to our countless contributors for making this release possible!

***

The full list of published submodules is available with this Nexus search:

<https://oss.sonatype.org/index.html#nexus-search;gav~org.scalaz~~7.0.0~~>

etorreborre

Apr 21, 2013, 8:31:04 PM4/21/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations, especially for making it available across Scala versions and binary compatible for 7.0.x. There's no reason not to use it wildly in our projects!

Eric.

etorreborre

Apr 21, 2013, 8:34:52 PM4/21/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
BTW, I'm thinking of simplifying specs2 from the next release and using vanilla scalaz 7.0 instead of my repackaged version. This means that I will have to possibly provide special specs2 snapshot versions for Scalaz version which will break binary compatibility in the future but I think this is not too hard to do and better than relying on a repackaged version.

What do you think?

E.

Tom Adams

Apr 21, 2013, 8:48:17 PM4/21/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
I would personally prefer that Eric, having two around can cause some grief in IntelliJ. I also think it would reduce some workload on your end.

Tom

tom adams
e:tomjadams<at>gmail.com

Eugene Yokota

Apr 21, 2013, 10:11:09 PM4/21/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
This is awesome!

-eugene

Adam Rosien

Apr 21, 2013, 11:14:59 PM4/21/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com
+100!

Mark Hibberd

Apr 21, 2013, 11:29:53 PM4/21/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 2:17 AM, Lars Hupel <hu...@in.tum.de> wrote:
Just staged on Sonatype:

"org.scalaz" %% "scalaz-core" % "7.0.0"

for Scala binary versions 2.9.2, 2.9.3 and 2.10.

That's right, a final release! It is identical to the second release
candidate.

Release notes: https://github.com/scalaz/scalaz/wiki/7.0.0

*Note:* This is a release in the 7.0.x series, for which we'll provide
binary compatibility.

Big thanks to Lars as well. You have done an absolutely awesome job organising everything lately. I certainly appreciate the job you have been doing.

Cheers
Mark

Stefan Hoeck

Apr 22, 2013, 12:54:48 AM4/22/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Lars and everyone else @ scalaz! It is always a great pleasure using and learning from this awesome library.

Cheers, Stefan

George Leontiev

Apr 22, 2013, 3:14:25 AM4/22/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations, great job!

Chris Marshall

Apr 22, 2013, 6:29:14 AM4/22/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com
Great news! Well done Lars & everyone involved

Not-so-great news: all the "Obtaining scalaz" links are broken on the google page (https://code.google.com/p/scalaz/) and the only "getting scalaz" instructions I can see on GitHub are only valid if you are using SBT.

Chris

Congratulations, great job!

Runar Bjarnason

Apr 22, 2013, 9:06:51 AM4/22/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com, sca...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com

We need to delete all the content on the Google Code page except the redirection to Github. It's a source of much confusion.

If you agree, I can edit that page.

Runar

Paul Chiusano

Apr 22, 2013, 9:08:10 AM4/22/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com
+1

Lars Hupel

Apr 22, 2013, 9:12:52 AM4/22/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com, Runar Bjarnason
> We need to delete all the content on the Google Code page except the
> redirection to Github. It's a source of much confusion.
>

> If you agree, I can edit that page.

Jason gave me access to that page a while ago, but I never got around to
editing it.

Feel free to remove it, but please save the old content to a Pastebin,
because there are a couple of links which can be put on the new web site.

Runar Bjarnason

Apr 22, 2013, 12:38:39 PM4/22/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com

Edmondo Porcu

Apr 22, 2013, 12:40:12 PM4/22/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
Please! I had to suppress all the imports from your repackaged version!

Chris Marshall

Apr 23, 2013, 4:38:10 AM4/23/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com
That's great. Except ...

The "home page" of scalaz (https://github.com/scalaz/scalaz) now has no link to how to download the library. Plenty of us in the scala community are not using SBT and a "Download scalaz" is going to be the first thing we look for!

Chris

Lars Hupel

Apr 23, 2013, 4:40:16 AM4/23/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com
> The "home page" of scalaz (https://github.com/scalaz/scalaz) now has no
> link to how to download the library. Plenty of us in the scala community
> are not using SBT and a "Download scalaz" is going to be the first thing we
> look for!

Right, I'll add that today.

etorreborre

Apr 23, 2013, 7:42:37 AM4/23/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
Done. That will be definitely less work for me!

Thanks again all for this incredible effort on reshaping Scalaz and creating a great core library for all Scala apps.

E.

Alois Cochard

Apr 26, 2013, 5:41:39 PM4/26/13
to hu...@in.tum.de, sca...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
Hoooora!

Congratz guys, very nice to see that final release out :-)

Ignacio Cases

Apr 30, 2013, 9:30:16 AM4/30/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations!