Scalaz 7.1.0 final is out

Lars Hupel

Aug 2, 2014, 1:10:16 PM8/2/14
to sca...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

today, I'm very happy to announce the release of the eagerly-awaited
final version of scalaz 7.1.0. It is a massive release:

There have been a total of 1066 commits from around 70 contributors,
with 313 merged pull requests. Thanks to all of you! Huge thanks go to
Kenji Yoshida, who is #1 in the contribution list with 384 commits in
that period.

*** Release notes ***

If you have been following the development process over the past year or
so, you probably already know that you can find release notes for each
milestone release in our GitHub wiki:
<https://github.com/scalaz/scalaz/wiki>. These are the authoritative
lists of *all* non-trivial changes.

If you're just interested in what's going to break when you switch from
7.0.x to 7.1.x, there's a cumulative list of deprecations and
incompatible changes: <https://github.com/scalaz/scalaz/wiki/7.1.0>.
Note that "major" incompatibility means that you'll have to touch your
source code, no matter how invasive the change is (most of them are
really trivial to fix).

*** Further development ***

Major development of scalaz continues in the 7.2.x branch. The 7.1.x
branch is not yet prepared for backporting, so please file pull requests
to 7.2.x *only*.

However, the 7.1.x branch will be maintained for a while. The fate of
the 7.0.x branch is not yet clear: There are some backports in the
pipeline (<https://github.com/scalaz/scalaz/issues/665>), but it all
depends on how many people are actually still using 7.0.x *and* are in
need of fixes.

Since my time is limited, I'm giving up backporting to 7.0.x. If you
want to take care of this branch, please contact me privately.
Maintenance follows some strict rules, which are documented in
<https://github.com/scalaz/scalaz/wiki/Backporting-guidelines>.

Of course, I'd be more than happy if someone could step up for the 7.1.x
branch, too. Don't worry, there's little you can do wrong :-)

*** Migration and final remarks ***

If you have any migration troubles, please do not hesitate to ask. And
please don't forget to keep sending pull requests ;-)

Cheers
Lars

David Barri

Aug 3, 2014, 7:02:46 PM8/3/14