2nd meetup of VSUG

Michal Bigos

Sep 23, 2012, 10:52:43 AM9/23/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, 2nd meetup will take place on 16.9. at 17:00 in metalab.at. Radim tries to reserve a room (thanks Radim).
Please post here for some interesting topics, which you would like to see or show to others :)

Cheers, Michal.

Michal Bigos

Sep 23, 2012, 1:15:41 PM9/23/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry date is of course 26.9. :)

wwagner4

Sep 23, 2012, 4:32:25 PM9/23/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
I would like to talk about first week of Martin Oderskys online course 'Functional Programming Principles in Scala'

Message has been deleted

Michal Bigos

Sep 25, 2012, 1:22:07 AM9/25/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to all, but we still don't have a confirmation of reservation in metalab.at. It can happen that we won't receive any.
Does anybody have a proposal what to do than? Re-plan it the next week or we will meet there and go elsewhere (pub or so)?

goo...@openforce.com

Sep 25, 2012, 6:48:49 AM9/25/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I can provide a meeting room in my office. It's located in Dresdner Straße in 1200 Vienna near Traisengasse (Schnellbahn). We have beamer, LAN and room for about 10 participants.

Best regards,
Gerhard

wwagner4

Sep 25, 2012, 9:15:56 AM9/25/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com, goo...@openforce.com
Dresdner Strasse would be fine for me.

Michal Bigos

Sep 25, 2012, 9:26:22 AM9/25/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com, goo...@openforce.com
Ok so let's meet at Dresdner Strasse. Gerhard can you provide more information about the place, company name ...

P.S. They told us in Metalab that they reserve the rooms after 19:00 on 26.9.

Michal Bigos

Sep 25, 2012, 9:32:46 AM9/25/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry company name seems to be obvious openForce isn't it ?

'(")'~

gerhard....@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2012, 10:03:55 AM9/25/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com

Michal Bigos

Sep 25, 2012, 10:07:02 AM9/25/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Ok, please reserve a meeting room at 17:00, Thanks :)

'(")'~

Alexander Daniel

Sep 26, 2012, 3:38:37 AM9/26/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Interestingly my solution of balance-example is tail-recursive even though it wasn't my intention.

I tried to make pascal-example tail-recursive: but the solution looks very complicated.

Martin Odersky explains how to make factorial tail-recursive in the first lecture of week 2 of »Functional Programming Principles in Scala«.

In the evening I could show an example of tail-recursive fibonacci.

On 24.09.2012, at 20:32, Felix Amerbauer wrote:

+1
Just completed my exercises of week 1. I got full scores but none of my solutions is tail recursive so if anybody has a tail recursive solution I'd be interested

The exercises of week 2 should be available too before our meeting takes place.

Michal Bigos

Sep 26, 2012, 6:46:45 AM9/26/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
2nd assignment "High Order Functions" done. It's lovely :)

'(")'~

Radim Pavlíček

Sep 26, 2012, 7:02:59 AM9/26/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Please do not spoil the assignments from second week today. I'd like
to do them on the weekend.

--
Radim Pavlíček

Michal Bigos