Scala 2.9.2

Sciss

Apr 19, 2012, 3:26:08 PM4/19/12
to scala-stm-e...@googlegroups.com
hi,

did anyone understand whether Scala 2.9.2 is binary compatible with 2.9.1?

in any case, would it be possible to push a version of Scala-STM 0.5 build against Scala 2.9.2 to maven central?

thanks, -sciss-

Nathan Bronson

Apr 19, 2012, 4:03:17 PM4/19/12
to scala-stm-e...@googlegroups.com
I will push a new build as soon as I get the necessary credentials. As
a temporary workaround you can check out the release-0.5-branch, add
the 2.9.2 version to built.sbt, and then sbt publish-local.

- Nathan

--
Nathan Grasso Bronson
ngbr...@gmail.com

Sciss

Apr 19, 2012, 4:36:01 PM4/19/12
to scala-stm-e...@googlegroups.com
ok, thanks. so you think going for "org.scala-tools" % "scala-stm_2.9.1" % "0.5" might produce problems?

Nathan Bronson

Apr 19, 2012, 4:41:59 PM4/19/12
to scala-stm-e...@googlegroups.com
I think binary compatibility should work, but I haven't tested it.

- Nathan

Sciss

Apr 19, 2012, 4:57:47 PM4/19/12
to scala-stm-e...@googlegroups.com
i tried it now on a project -- it does seem to work without problems...

martin odersky

Apr 20, 2012, 6:57:10 AM4/20/12
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Sciss <con...@sciss.de> wrote:
hi,

did anyone understand whether Scala 2.9.2 is binary compatible with 2.9.1?

Yes, it is binary compatible.

 - Martin