Scala IDE progress

iulian dragos

Mar 21, 2012, 1:57:13 PM3/21/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com, scala-ide-dev
As we are getting past the mid-March estimated time for Helium milestone 1, here's a quick update on how things stand.

We have good news and we have not so good news. I'll start with the not so good: we've been accumulating some delays, mainly due to keeping the IDE on top of trunk. This will ensure smooth IDE support once 2.10 is out, and as you all know, 2.10 will bring on a lot of goodies! The good news is that we will still have a milestone release RSN (but not with all features we planned) in order to get some feedback on the features that we have right now. Most importantly, we have the Scala debugger, the implicit highlighter (thanks to Mirko) and semantic highlighting (thanks to Matt). We'll wrap up the things we need to make sure these work smoothly, and clean up the API so others can build plugins easier. The expected milestone is beginning of April, and we'll update the roadmap to reflect these changes.

At the same time, we are preparing a bugfix release, 2.0.1, bringing some of the most important fixes to the masses. We're going to base it on the upcoming 2.9.2 Scala release, and we're basically waiting for the green light (meaning a 2.9.2-RC1) from the Scala team. This will be a stable release, and we expect everyone to upgrade.

Thanks for bearing with us, and, as always, if you want to see these things coming earlier, lend us a hand!

iulian

Mirco Dotta

Mar 30, 2012, 9:59:25 AM3/30/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com, scala-ide-dev
The Roadmap has been updated to reflect the current status: http://scala-ide.org/docs/dev/roadmap.html

-- Mirco

---------------
Mirco Dotta
Typesafe - The software stack for applications that scale
PSE-D, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Twitter: @mircodotta

Grzegorz Kossakowski

Mar 30, 2012, 10:03:02 AM3/30/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com, scala-i...@googlegroups.com
On 30 March 2012 15:59, Mirco Dotta <mirco...@typesafe.com> wrote:
The Roadmap has been updated to reflect the current status: http://scala-ide.org/docs/dev/roadmap.html

Cool! You dudes rock on providing useful, concise information. :-)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

ijuma

Apr 1, 2012, 5:15:03 AM4/1/12
On Friday, 30 March 2012 15:03:02 UTC+1, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
Cool! You dudes rock on providing useful, concise information. :-)

Indeed.

Ismael