Routine build problems as a result of file deletion/rename

Visto 45 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Arun Ramakrishnan

no leída,
2 jul 2012, 20:46:482/7/12
a scala-...@googlegroups.com
Guys,
    I routinely run into this problem where suppose i delete a file OR refactor>rename a file ( both actions from the ide ), i usually end up with
"The project was not built since the source file blah.scala could not be read". The solution i resort to has been to delete the eclipse project settings and regenerate them.

Let me know if I need to file an issue on this.

I am using
OS X 10.6
STS 2.9.2
scala ide version 2.0.1.v-2_09-201204232213-dae5cd4
m2e 1.1.0.20120530-0009

my maven plugin config is here https://gist.github.com/3036687

thanks
Arun

Mirco Dotta

no leída,
5 jul 2012, 8:19:315/7/12
a scala-...@googlegroups.com
This sort of question are better asked in the scala-ide-user ML, you'll have a larger audience :)

That said, could you try if it works any better with a nightly build? Just making sure the issue hasn't been fixed already...

-- Mirco

Arun Ramakrishnan

no leída,
12 jul 2012, 19:47:3012/7/12
a scala-...@googlegroups.com
Ah, didn't realize I mailed the dev group.

Its resolved. I am using the latest STS 2.9.2 IDE. It ships with latest release versions of the scala IDE. But, the problem was that the default  connector bridging the scala-maven-plugin and eclipse m2e  is outdated. It ships with .3.1 but the latest is .4.1 . Explicity updating that fixed the problems.

thanks
Arun

Mirco Dotta

no leída,
13 jul 2012, 0:56:5013/7/12
a scala-...@googlegroups.com
Ah, didn't realize I mailed the dev group.

No problem :)

I am using the latest STS 2.9.2 IDE. It ships with latest release versions of the scala IDE.

Woooot! That's nice :)

But, the problem was that the default  connector bridging the scala-maven-plugin and eclipse m2e  is outdated. It ships with .3.1 but the latest is .4.1 . Explicity updating that fixed the problems.

Oh, that's good to know. Maybe you should check if a ticket exists in the STS issue tracker.

Cheers,
  Mirco

Mirco Dotta

no leída,
13 jul 2012, 3:25:5813/7/12
a scala-ide-dev Dev
I am using the latest STS 2.9.2 IDE. It ships with latest release versions of the scala IDE.

Woooot! That's nice :)

Actually, I can't find that information anywhere on SpringSource. I checked the release notes for 2.9.2, but no mention of the Scala IDE: http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?126738-STS-2-9-2-released

And actually, they also have a ticket for compatibility of STS 2.9.1 and Scala IDE: https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-2585

Am I missing something?

-- Mirco

On Jul 3, 2012, at 2:46 AM, Arun Ramakrishnan wrote:

Guys,
    I routinely run into this problem where suppose i delete a file OR refactor>rename a file ( both actions from the ide ), i usually end up with
"The project was not built since the source file blah.scala could not be read". The solution i resort to has been to delete the eclipse project settings and regenerate them.

Let me know if I need to file an issue on this.

I am using
OS X 10.6
STS 2.9.2
scala ide version 2.0.1.v-2_09-201204232213-dae5cd4
m2e 1.1.0.20120530-0009

my maven plugin config is here https://gist.github.com/3036687

thanks
Arun

Mirco Dotta
Typesafe - The software stack for applications that scale
PSE-D, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Twitter: @mircodotta

Responder a todos
Responder al autor