Next meetup

Pere Villega

Apr 16, 2013, 4:37:34 PM4/16/13
to scal...@googlegroups.com
Ok, there's been a bit of confusion and meetup site doesn't seem the best place to organise this, so...

RECAP: we want to do a meeting focussed on Akka. Anyone with experience with it (any level) that wants to talk about it, please let us know, so we can schedule it

PLACE: no place decided yet. TCube was proposed but we would need to contact them. If anyone knows of other venues, please let us know

RSVP/TIME: to be able to decide on a time that suits most of us (and given that April 30th seems to clash with several other events), please say which days suit you best (we will try to accommodate as many people as possible)

Pere Villega

Apr 16, 2013, 4:41:30 PM4/16/13
to scal...@googlegroups.com
I won't be able on the week of the 30th, so it would be any week of May for me.

I can talk about Akka from an introductory level, never used it in production but I've played with it a lot...

Alan Larkin

Apr 16, 2013, 6:00:24 PM4/16/13
to scal...@googlegroups.com
May is fine with me.
I'll ask around for a venue aswell,

Alan

ugo.mat...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2013, 1:08:51 AM4/17/13
to scal...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

every day in May is fine for me. Let's try to not push this to July because I will be OFF 2 weeks there :p

I can rework my notes on actor using Akka (I think I'll do it anyway) and present them if anyone is interested.

Let me know,
Ugo

Alan Larkin

Apr 17, 2013, 2:54:09 PM4/17/13
to scal...@googlegroups.com
So TCUBE seems to be available on May 8th. (see meetup comments).
Does that suit you guys ?

Alan

Pere Villega

Apr 17, 2013, 4:30:13 PM4/17/13
to scal...@googlegroups.com
8th of May fine, seems we have place at TCube, just sent an email to Barry to confirm and talk about it.

That's ok for you, Alan?

Alan Larkin

Apr 17, 2013, 4:50:04 PM4/17/13
to scal...@googlegroups.com
8th is perfect.  Looking forward to it.

Alan

Alan Larkin

Apr 17, 2013, 4:58:40 PM4/17/13
to scal...@googlegroups.com
Pere & Ugo might be an idea to stick a one liner in the meetup desc. with your name and the topic of your talk.
I think we should also leave a line calling out for more speakers. Just in case someone else want to speak.

Alan

Pere Villega

Apr 18, 2013, 4:41:10 PM4/18/13
to scal...@googlegroups.com
we are talking by mail to decide exactly what to talk about :) I added a note in the meetup "board" in case someone else wants to join and talk. Once we know something will try to update it.

Want to join and speak about something, Alan? ;)

Alan Larkin

Apr 19, 2013, 10:56:08 AM4/19/13
to scal...@googlegroups.com
I haven't done any work with AKKA, but its something I'm interested in, so I'm coming along to speed learn from you guys :)

I think the guys @workday are using akka in production, So maybe we could try get someone from there to give a talk.

Alan

Alan Larkin

Apr 19, 2013, 12:19:14 PM4/19/13
to scal...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I mailed fergal at workday and they would be happy to add another speaker for the night aswell :)

Alan

Pere Villega

Apr 19, 2013, 3:25:20 PM4/19/13
to scal...@googlegroups.com
Great, will try to contact him so we can coordinate with Ugo and myself.