Want to participate in the program committee?

Michael Slinn

Mar 8, 2012, 1:54:28 PM3/8/12
to scala...@googlegroups.com
Currently I am the only person who decides meeting content and schedules speakers. It would be better for the group if we had a program committee (2-3 people) who jointly made these decisions.

Program committee members would have the opportunity to engage with the Scala community to a greater extent than the regular meetup membership. If this interests you, expect that this activity should not take much of your time - there would be no face-to-face meetings and no long virtual meetings. A half-dozen emails or chat sessions per month would be typical. You would likely be asked to help out with logistics for meetings.

The list of potential speakers and their topics is maintained here: http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Scala-Enthusiasts/pages/Potential_speakers_and_topics/

Currently we need to plan the April meeting (tentatively hosted by SuccessFactors, an SAP company). The May meeting will be at LinkedIn, with LinkedIn speakers. Meetings from June onward are as yet undefined.

Please contact me if you would like to participate.

Thank you,

Mike

Evan Meagher

Mar 8, 2012, 1:59:45 PM3/8/12
to scala...@googlegroups.com
Just to confirm, is this only in regards to the South Bay arm of BASE? I'd be down to help out for SF Scala.

Evan Meagher

Dick Wall

Mar 8, 2012, 2:08:23 PM3/8/12
to scala...@googlegroups.com
I am definitely in for the south bay one, when I am in town (I am traveling quite a lot right now). Will skip the SF one, since that is a hell of a long way home for me after the meetings :-).

Dick
Dick Wall
Email: di...@bldc.org    Gmail: dick...@gmail.com     Skype: dickwall
Co-Host of the Java Posse: http://javaposse.com    Twitter: @dickwall

Mike Slinn

Mar 8, 2012, 2:17:07 PM3/8/12
to scala...@googlegroups.com
Excellent, glad to have you back!

I replied to Evan off-list; he is strictly SF based. We could still use
a couple more people.

Mike

Mateo Barraza

Mar 8, 2012, 3:39:00 PM3/8/12