First release of IntelliJ plugin for HOCON (Typesafe config) is now available!

Roman Janusz

May 23, 2014, 11:28:57 AM5/23/14
to scala-a...@googlegroups.com
I'm pleased to announce that I've been recently working on an open source IntellIJ IDEA plugin for HOCON and first release has recently been accepted into the plugin repository!

For those unfamiliar, HOCON (Human-Optimized Config Object Notation) is a simple and flexible configuration language created by Typesafe and implemented by the typesafe config library.
It is used as configuration library in many Typesafe products, most notably Akka and the Play framework.

First version of the plugin features mostly essential syntactic features, such as:
  • Syntax highlighting
  • Colors & fonts settings
  • Syntax error highlighting
  • Code formatter
  • Simple code style settings
  • Brace matching, code folding
More advanced features are planned in the future.

The easiest way to install the plugin is to open some file with the .conf extension and IntelliJ should automatically suggest installation. Obviously, you can also install it manually by going to File -> Settings -> Plugins -> Browse repositories in Intellij IDEA and searching for "HOCON".

Source code is available on github. It is also the right place to report issues with the plugin.

Cheers,
Roman
Message has been deleted