Lt Skyfire & Cmdr Blair: Boredom Express Part I [Backsim, no tags]

Chythar Skyfire

Apr 19, 2017, 9:58:11 PM4/19/17
to sb11...@googlegroups.com
((Crew Cabin, USS Fleetfoot, En Route to the USS Za))

::It had been a whirlwind of a few days. First Alex received news of his transfer to the USS Za, then CD dropped the bombshell of his demotion, as he was spending his final night aboard the Gorkon with Chythar they received news of CD’s transfer. It was completely unexpected and with such short notice, the pair didn’t have a chance to discuss it. Then the pair had to follow the usual Starfleet ‘hurry up and wait’ once they boarded the Fleetfoot. The journey from Starbase 118 to the Za would take a long time, and now that they were finally aboard, Alex joined Chythar in the crew cabin.::

Blair: Chythar, you awake?

:: Devlin was, and he smiled in his typical derp doggy grin. Chythar was not conscious, having been just mentally exhausted from the strain of the last few days. The canine tilted his head inquisitively as though to ask if he should wake up his master. ::

Devlin: :: quietly :: Raff?

::Alex smiled at Devlin’s expression. He quietly stepped further into the room and placed a hand atop the beagle’s head. Alex took a moment the pet the pup before speaking again.::

Blair: ::quietly:: Chythar...you’ve been asleep for a while...you there?

:: As per usual when CD was exhausted, he didn’t give an immediate response. Devlin padded across his master’s chest and started giving his face a good licking to get his attention. ::

Skyfire: Hm? :: The canine settled down once Chythar was awake. :: Hey, love.

::Alex smiled at his partner as he sat on the edge of the bed.::

Blair: Oh so you are still alive. I was starting to worry, I hadn’t seen or heard from you in hours.

:: Chythar chuckled slightly and sat up. ::

Skyfire: Sorry about that...everything just kinda...hit me all at once.

::Alex pulled Chythar closer and embraced him for a moment.::

Blair: That’s why I wanted to check in on you. I can only imagine what’s going on inside that head of yours. Wanna talk?

:: Did he really want to talk about any of it? Probably not. Was Alex concerned? Yes. He had that concern and worry written all over his face. CD just relaxed in the embrace and took a breath before speaking, attempting to gather his thoughts. His accent also dropped a bit, closer to what was considered normal speech patterns. In addition, the demotion was still weighing heavily on him. He didn’t feel any better because of this admission. ::

Skyfire: I’ve just been...stressed… since the attack on Quinn...twelve hours of surgical miracle working. Then the dinner party with Lael’s family the night before her surgery...then that...and now the fact the transfer hit the same night as the...the letter...... Heck, I don’t even know who my replacement is. They’re calling me Lazarus now, you know.

:: The flurry of words was just a depressing jumble of thoughts. He couldn’t let himself give into the depression that threatened to eat his mind. Alex’s touch was reassuring, and would help keep him calm for a bit. ::

::Alex smiled.::

Blair: Lazarus huh…

::Alex let the statement hang in the air for a moment before continuing.::

Blair: It’s been a crazy few days, moreso for you than for me, and I honestly don’t know how you’re processing it all. That’s why I think it will be good to sit here and talk it out. ::pause:: Let’s start with our transfers. ::Alex turned to face Chythar.:: I can’t express how happy I am that you are coming with me.

:: “Crazy few days” didn’t even begin to sum it up. CD picked up the beagle and placed Devlin on his lap, petting him absently. How was he processing all of this? How was he even going to begin talking it out? Truth be told, he didn't have a clue. He managed a nod of reply. ::

Skyfire: I’m grateful for it too, because you’re with me. At first, I thought the brass was just being funny by separating us. Then my orders came through. Now I think...maybe they decided to give me a break. Maybe.

::Alex pulled Chythar in for a hug.::

Blair: If anyone deserves a break, it’s you.

Skyfire: I can’t disagree with that statement….after all this… :: He bit his tongue to prevent himself cursing in one of his many languages and settled instead on an English generic word. :: ...stuff…

::Alex donned one of his wry grins. He knew that Chythar was going through a lot, but Alex couldn’t help himself. He just had to try and make light of the situation.::

Blair: Oh good...I wasn’t sure you were happy to be coming with me.

::Alex barely got the statement out before laughing at his own horrible joke.::

Skyfire: :: quirks a brow. :: I’d be sadder if I’d stayed behind.

Blair: ::grinning again:: You’d better have been. I know I wouldn’t have enjoyed it as much.

:: He nodded faintly and paused, uncertain which direction Alex would take the conversation. He was still processing everything in his head in his own way, petting the little canine on his lap and waiting for his partner to speak again. ::

TBC

Commander Alex Blair
Chief Engineer
USS Za