Lt Skyfire: Frustrated (No Tags)

Chythar Skyfire

Apr 25, 2017, 11:09:25 PM4/25/17
to Za IC
(( Skyfire's Quarters, USS Za ))
(( One Week Later ))

:: He'd been avoiding Maddy and Lael for most of the week, trying to get his thoughts in order. He hadn't found the words to bring the other aspects of it up to Alex yet, but now didn't have a choice. If he didn't let his partner know, it would eat him alive. CD had been trying to sleep after a long shift in sickbay. He'd spent most of it familiarizing himself with his new workspace, deliberately not thinking about his situation with Lael and its complicated eccentricities. Tonight, sleep was elusive. Something during his conversation with Dassa was bothering him, and the more he considered it, the more it drove him nuts. The lieutenant was at the moment clad in only a pair of plain black shorts, as he'd been out on his beach earlier meditating. He fumbled for a shirt and picked up his badge. ::

Skyfire: =/\= Skyfire to Blair. =/\=

:: As he waited for the acknowledging chirp, he went over to his mirror and brushed his unruly hair with a hand full of water, mostly to cool himself off. ::

Blair: =/\= Blair here. =/\=

Skyfire: =/\= Mind if I impose for a bit? I need a friendly ear. =/\=

Blair: =/\= Yeah, I need to change into a new uniform anyways. Meet in my quarters in five minutes? =/\=

Skyfire: =/\= Be there in a few. =/\=

:: He woke up Devlin and led his little companion out of the room to go visit Alex. The canine followed enthusiastically, wanting to go pounce Lexi again. ::

(( Blair's Quarters ))

:: CD pressed the chime and waited for the doors to open. Devlin padded around his feet impatiently, but still adorably cute. ::

Blair: Come on in.

:: Once the pair entered the room, Devlin bounded over with a yip to Alex and pounced, giving his face an enthusiastic lick as CD sat down on the couch. His accent wasn't present, despite the high amount of stress.  Alex immediately dropped to his knees to greet Devlin and was met with an enthusiastic lick to the face. Alex smiled and patted the pup on the head before joining Chythar on the couch. ::

Skyfire: So. I told you about the connection I have with Lael.

Blair: Yeah, the connection I remember something about that.

Skyfire: Yeah. What I didn't tell you...the reason she was babbling about transfers during the barbecue? She thought you were talking about the link we formed, but that wasn't it. She has a crush on me.

Blair: So you share this connection with someone who has feelings for you and you’re just now telling me?

:: That was to be expected. It was hard for him to explain the situation, but he was determined to make clear what was going on. He took a breath and continued as Devlin padded into his lap. Easiest way to describe it was to quote Dassa, more or less verbatim. ::

Skyfire: I didn't know. Dassa came to me the night after to discuss it. Said it as "Imagine what you feel for Alex. Multiply it by two and add that to what Lael already felt for you before this whole thing." Lael won't act on said crush because she doesn't want to hurt either of us.

::Alex shook his head in disbelief as he grew even more angry.::

Blair: And I’m supposed to believe that? She’s in your head, she can feel what you feel, and I’m supposed to believe that. Come on Chythar, I’m not that naïve. ::Alex paused as his emotions took over.:: I know you can’t do anything about this link, but what’s to say that over time her feelings start to become your feelings? Where does that leave me…us?

:: Chythar nodded solemnly, giving a heavy sigh and petting Devlin with his free hand. Everything about this connection was just difficult to deal with, regardless of the fact he'd more or less come to terms with his abilities. He also felt Alex had to know about the bit involving Shira. ::

Skyfire: I've been putting in extra meditation, extra effort to shield...just to cope. I'm not the type to get spooked easily, but this whole thing has me scared...and the closest person we have to an expert on mental connections right now is Shira, who also transferred with us.

:: He didn't need the empathic link to tell Alex was angry. Everything in Chythar's world just seemed to collapse in that moment. Even if it was only a tiny cosmic implosion, it was still enough to drive a wedge between them. At least, for now. ::

Blair: ::speaking in a terse tone:: Chythar, I love you and I’m glad that there’s someone you think can help, but I can’t do this right now.

Skyfire: Alex, wait. Please, can't we just...talk for a bit?

:: He reached out for his hand, but Alex seemed to pay him no mind. ::

Blair: I need to get back to work. ::pause:: We can talk later, but right now I think you had better just go.

:: He felt the need to project calm, but due to his stress level it wouldn't happen. It was now being made worse by the fact Alex was shutting him out. ::

Skyfire: Neither of us needs this right now. Jus--

Blair: ::shaking his head:: No, I just need to get back to work and I need time to think about what all this means.

:: He couldn't blame the engineer for cutting him off like that. If the positions were reversed, CD probably would have reacted similarly. This was just a whole level of stress that he had never prepared for. ::

Skyfire: I just wanted to be honest about the connection, so you understood it's full implications.

Blair: Thanks for being honest Chythar. I’ll find you when my shift is over.

:: He lowered his voice to a whisper, out of Alex's earshot and silently prayed to whatever gods were listening for the strength to accept what he could not change and the wisdom to know the difference, tears of frustration burning behind his eyes. Now, when he needed Alex to just calmly listen, he made things worse in a way he couldn't imagine. Engineers tended to work through problems, and maybe this was one of those moments. Alex crossed the threshold without another word, leaving CD and Devlin alone. Rather than staying, the doc got up with the beagle and departed for his own quarters, tears of frustration starting to reign down his cheeks. ::

(( Timeskip -- Skyfire's Quarters ))

:: He couldn't talk to Shira, based on past history. He didn't remember how to pronounce the Romulan's name, so he lay on his bed and stared up at the ceiling. Frustration made sleep even more elusive as he turned off the lights, the beagle crawling onto his chest and giving his face a lick before starting to doze off. Chythar would talk to a counselor later. He'd had his last mandatory session a week ago, so would just wait for his next. For now, he had to try and sleep, regardless of his frustration level. ::

===