LtCmdr Sky Blake, "Fashionably late."

Deliera Jay

May 14, 2019, 10:37:21 AM5/14/19
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Vataix estate))

Ukinix: Hey, thanks!  Just got here.  Sorry, I’m from Earth, ::pointing at mouth:: that’s why I’m doing the whole, you know, ::awkward smile:: verbal thing.

::Wil offered his hand.::

Ukinix: Wil Ukinix.   And you are?

::He took a sip of his drink.::

Vataix: Response?

Ukinix: Oh! Are you related to Sky Bla-

::Ukinix stopped short, not following through with his sentence.::

Vataix: Response?

::But like a summer breeze sweeping through a window, Sky Blake set a grounding hand on her crew-mate's shoulder.::

Blake: Strange how many of my ship mates are attending.

((Flashback))

Personal Log, stardate 239605.15.

I have been pulled in about five different directions by a handful of different people. I don't mind traveling--it's something I've come to enjoy over the years I've been with Starfleet--but traveling half the galaxy for what essentially amounts to errand runs is starting to get old.

I met Lieutenant Raiden Caide last week. He now runs the Shoals division of the Rangers, which honestly isn't unexpected. He was gunning for the position ever since the spec-ops rangers were decommissioned. He's a nice guy. I like him a lot.

Anyway.

My job on Duronis is done. Kallo Ver is successfully back in the hands of marshals--I personally handed him off on Esperance, though it's debatable how long he'll remain with them. Knowing him, he'll probably slip through their fingers on their way back to Ketar V.

I've been asked to return to Betazed. Both Rivi and Eislas left me about ten messages between them in my inbox while I was busy. Something to do with a function about Betazed's liberation from the Dominion--I'm not overly familiar with the war's affects on Betazed. Way before my time. Unfortunately, my attendance is mandatory to keep appearances--if I want Betazed's help with Faith's immigration, then this is apparently part of how I get it.

And since tension is rising in the Delos system, I'd rather spent five or six hours attending a function than I would five or six days illegally smuggling my daughter from my home system.

Once this is done, I'm headed out to meet with Caide in the Shoals. Lieutenant Kehive na-Soldim is still missing--we're tasked with finding out what happened to him. This function is just one bump in a long road back to Havley's Hope.

End log.

((End flashback))

::Lieutenant Commander Blake was fashionably late. She'd had to get dressed on the shuttle ride over--ordinarily not a problem, but this time, getting herself organized and choosing the "correct" garment to don had taken a surprising amount of time.

::She'd ended up in a plain, backless, midnight gown. In comparison to other attendees, she was probably the most conservative in the room out of pure necessity, having chosen an a-line neck and sleeves. But it meant that she wasn't freezing cold in this regular temperature room--Brekkian genes did not prevail today.::

Ukinix: Response?

Vataix: Response?

Blake: I'm sorry I'm late. My transport from Esperance was delayed. Couldn't be helped. I hope my dear cousin has been hospitable.

Vataix/Ukinix/Anyone: Response?

Blake: I intend to. There are a few people I have to catch up with, actually. I don't suppose any of you have seen Eislas by any chance?

Ukinix: Response?

::Blake shrugged.::

Blake: Tall-ish guy, dark hair, nice beard. Voice kind of like melted butter. Significantly less high-strung than the rest of the nobility, that's for sure--well-traveled. He's pretty easy to spot in a crowd like this.

Vataix/Ukinix/Anyone: Response?

Tbc . . .

LtCmdr Sky Blake
Starfleet Rangers