[MISSION FINALE] Capt Rahman: Veritas (Part 2)

richyulin

Feb 17, 2017, 3:13:39 AM2/17/17
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas
//Captain’s Log, Stardate 239402.16

The captured pirate known as Sov has provided us crucial intelligence on how to track the vessels of the Kos’karii. We have forwarded the information to the Colonial Marshals, who have begun drafting plans to begin a major counteroffensive against the pirate faction. Veritas will likely be called to support the operation once put into action.

In the mean time, we returned to Shadow’s Edge, where our teams were successful in exposing the conspiracy within the Shadow’s Edge government, linking the proposed agreement with Steadfast Shipping to a long-running campaign of acts meant to terrorize and cause disarray that culminated in the attacks on the governor’s residence and the freighter Falcon. Shadow’s Edge security forces and the Colonial Marshals raided a warehouse that had been identified by our officers, arresting a number of individuals and confiscating jamming equipment and other evidence for prosecution.

We’re headed back to Star Station Esperance for some much-needed shore leave after the trauma this crew has faced with the loss of their captain. It seems Captain Carrero’s cruel fate was one of pure and unfortunate coincidence. She gave her life defending another, and we now are bringing her home from Shadow’s Edge so that she can finally be laid to rest.//

((Captain’s Ready Room, USS Veritas))

::As Veritas continued on her journey to Esperance at warp 5, Roshanara sat at her desk, reviewing the final details with her away teams for her report to Starfleet. Standing beside her was her first officer Commander Blake as well as the ship’s operations officer Commander Mei’konda. Across from them stood the team of Commander Jolara, Counselor Moonsong, and Lt. Tuk, who were just finishing the details of what had happened with the governor and who the conspirator turned out to be.::

Jolara: RESPONSE

Rahman: Were there any other conspirators identified?

Moonsong: RESPONSE

Tsk: RESPONSE

::The captain nodded.::

Rahman: What happens now will be left to Shadow’s Edge to prosecute. You all did well though in letting the truth come to light.

Jolara/Moonsong/Tuk: RESPONSE

Rahman: Dismissed.

::Next, entered Commander Kelrod, along with his team of Greyson and Sands along with their new guest Sarion.::

Rahman: Commander Kelrod, your final assessment of your team?

Kelrod: RESPONSE

::She looked over to the other two Starfleet officers.::

Rahman: Good to hear. I look forward to reading your full reports, especially on the jamming equipment that was found. Do you two think you can develop a countermeasure to the jammers?

Greyson: RESPONSE

Sands: RESPONSE

Rahman: I suspect we may encounter similar technology out here. From what I hear from the Marshals, it’s a common tactic.

Greyson: RESPONSE

Sands: RESPONSE

::She then turned to Sarion.::

Rahman: I’ve also reviewed your request to come aboard. Given your previous experience aboard Starfleet vessels, I have no issue with it. Consider yourself a member of the crew as of this moment.

Sarion: RESPONSE

::She nodded and then handed a PADD.::

Rahman: Though you will remain a civilian, you will still need to complete the standard check in procedure with both medical and counseling, as well as meet with our operations officer for your assignment of quarters.

Sarion: RESPONSE

Rahman: Welcome aboard. ::looks to the rest:: Dismissed.

::Finally, with only Mei’konda and Blake left in the room, Roshanara tapped her combadge. She turned in her chair towards the Caitian.::

Rahman: So, commander, your first mission on a cruiser is complete. I’m curious to hear your thoughts, given your inclination towards service aboard Starfleet’s larger vessels.

Mei’konda: RESPONSE

::She smiled back at him.::

Rahman: So does that mean you still wish to stay aboard?

Mei’konda: RESPONSE

::She looked over to her first officer.::

Rahman: I guess we can keep him.

Blake: RESPONSE

::Captain Kells had had Saveron and herself at his side. Now, this was her command trio.::

::She then looked up and around the small room. This was now her ship as well, a ship so unlike her most recent assignments.::

::The Shoals was a paradox of a region. Unlike the Menthar Corridor, it was known to the Federation, even considered a domestic assignment. Yet even to this day, it held tightly onto its secrets thanks to the harsh landscape on which ruthless pirate factions, deadly natural terrors, and competing colonies and political powers lay scattered.::

::But it was also home to numerous more honest individuals with a tenacity and grit that had become uncommon in this more privileged age. Hardy settlers, daring travelers, and the crew of one Starfleet vessel.::

::Her crew.::

END

Capt. Roshanara Rahman
Commanding Officer, USS Veritas