[BR] LtCmdr Sky Blake, "Travel time."

Deliera Jay

Dec 20, 2016, 8:18:35 AM12/20/16
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Bridge))

ELIS:
By the time you get back there, the Marshals should be required to hand over whatever materials they've found in regards to the investigation. It's a Starfleet Captain they've got in the morgue - by rights, we should have taken her with us.

BLAKE:
I know youre angry. We all are.
But
We have to play this by the book.
Last thing we need is for SE's ruling body to start a huff to the rest of the coalition
Because we didn't play with their ball.
You of all people know that SE is the most annoying to work with

ELIS:
I of all people, agreed. Place is so corrupt it gives off a black aura bad enough to keep the prophets away. But please promise me you'll have them look into absolutely everything? We owe her that much. They've refused us closure.

BLAKE:
As soon as Capt permits, I'll send notification
In the meantime, keep everyone out of trouble
Maybe take a leave.
You've all earned one

ELIS:
Not until Carrero's laid to rest.

::Sky sighed, fingers rubbing her temple as she stared at the message from the Veritas's former tactical officer.::

BLAKE:
Soon.
10 min to designated launch time.
Expect travel update.
Talk to you soon. (:

::The Bajoran had finally exited the channel. Lucky, too, being that Rahman had just stepped onto the Bridge. Sky closed down the application, standing to vacate the Captain's chair.::

Rahman: Notify the station we are heading off on our way to Shadow's Edge.

Blake: Aye, Captain.

::Sky returned to the pool table console behind the chair, sending notification to Star Station Esperance, leaving a flight plan in her wake.::

Blake: Flight plan logged. Esperance is standing by.

Rahman: Final pre-departure systems check please, Mr. Mei'konda.

Mei'konda: Final pre-depaarture systems check.  Aye, Captaain.

Rahman: =/\= All hands, this is the captain. We are making way for Shadow's Edge. You've all done an excellent job getting the ship ready during this difficult transition.  We're going to find answers, I promise you. =/\=

::Thank Noree for Rahman's persistence.::

Rahman: Departure check?

Mei'konda: All systems reporting nominaal, Captaain.  The Veritas is ready for depaarture.

::Sky stood up to the railing between the two consoles. Just about everyone on this bridge was unfamiliar to her. That would change, in time.::

Rahman: All right, get us underway, Commander Blake.

Blake: Standby for clearance from Esperances Ops.

Maravosh: Star Station Esperance confirms we are a go for departure.

Blake: Engage thrusters. Steady away from station docks.

::She had never, *ever*, done this before and was starting to regret only vaguely listening in to the filler speech Carrero and Zhou often employed. But thankfully, despite her self-concerned inadequacies to departure procedures, Maravosh did spectacular. They were now away from Esperance. And, admittedly, away from her safety net.::

Rahman: Ahead to Shadow's Edge, warp... ::She raised an eyebrow.:: five.

Maravosh: Warp five, confirmed.

Mei’konda: Full power traansferred to navigaational sensors.  Tetryon fields chaarted.  It doesn’t look liike there is anythiing out of the ordinaary in our path.  At least… not for the Shoals.

Blake: The Mother Road's current trajectory has been confirmed, but we'll need an additional check once we get into Coalition space. Long range sensor calibrations will likely be required with drifting from the road. All departments are green.

Rahman: Engage.

Tbc . . .

LtCmdr Sky Blake
Executive Officer