[V-SL1] Crewman Taz Shandres: Needle in a Haystack

richyulin

Jun 12, 2018, 1:54:39 PM6/12/18
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas
((Science Lab 1, USS Veritas))

::With a bounce in her step, Taz quickly scurried into the science lab, hoping she wasn’t late. Fortunately, there were a few others just joining the meeting as well. Lt. Commander Rosek turned to the new arrivals.::

Rosek: Just in time. Professor Alentonis and I were just going over maps for the region.

Wolfe: Hope the search area isn’t too big.

::The young engineering trainee wasn’t discouraged by the challenge.::

Shandres: If it’s down there, we’ll find it!

::There were some grins returned at her optimism before another person walked into the lab, a Cygnian.::

Rosek: ::smirks:: Crewman. Did you get lost again?

Neguza: ::blushes:: A little, ma’am. I’ve never been to the Science Labs.

Rosek: ::chuckles:: Glad you found us.

Wolfe: Wouldn't want to leave without you.

Roth a/ Any: Response

::As the civilian archaeologist studied his PADD, Taz turned her attention to the others on the team. She knew Rosek from her duties, of course, but she hadn’t had much of a chance to work with Ensign Wolfe or this Crewman Neguza.::

Rosek: ::smirks:: I hope everyone brought their climbing gear. We’re going on a little treasure hunt.

Wolfe: Hope there's treasure to be found.

Alentonis: Ah, maybe that's what "grab a kit" meant. I think it's only fair to warn you, I haven't been climbing in a while. May be a bit rusty.

Shandres: Don’t worry. If you fall, we’ll catch you.

::She exchanged glances with the other Starfleet officers.::

Rotha/Rosek/Neguza/Any: Response

Alentonis: :: nodding toward the three dimensional map in front of them :: Is there any way to make this thing display a map of the planet we're hovering over so I can start narrowing possible search areas?

::Taz quickly set to work.::

Shandres: Sure thing, doc. Bringing up the planet… now.

::As the display changed, showing the topography of the landscape, the science officer looked to the others.::

Wolfe: Shall we start the briefing?

Alentonis: The objective, as I understand it, is to track down a metal called reskariaehhrr, a rare Romulan type element. It has some sort of weird metallic properties that make it immune to tetryon radiation, as the entire box we have aboard was made from the stuff and didn't mess with your spiffy tricord-gizmo thingies. It also has a high melting point: 700 degrees Fahrenheit. On the box we have, from interior to exterior seven inches thick. Prior to its destruction, the metal could be found on the northern hemisphere of Romulus. For those of you who don't speak Romulan, the name translates to Standard as "knife metal."

::He paused for a moment before skirting a glance towards Rosek.::

Alentonis: Did I miss anything, commander?

Rosek: Response

Wolfe: Response

Any: Response

Shandres: So if this metal was native to Romulus, then we’re probably looking for whatever the Romulans had brought with them to this planet, right?

Alentonis/Rosek/Wolfe/Any: Response

::She nodded.::

Shandres: Well, I’m just thinking that our sample isn’t just some ore lying about. It was a finished product, a box. Any other objects with that metal are likely to be similar then on the planet, so we could narrow our search by looking for other known Romulan metals and materials.

Alentonis/Rosek/Wolfe/Any: Response

TAG! TBC…

Crewman Recruit Tasnim “Taz” Shandres
Engineering Trainee