Title: JP Lt Orrey & Lt JG Ukinix - Notes for the Future [Part 2]

Jansen Orrey/Henning Hext

May 7, 2019, 8:39:35 AM5/7/19
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas

(OOC: This occurs before the bombing in Paris)

((Counselor’s Office, Deck 6 - USS Veritas))

::Wil lifted his knees and put his elbows on them, placing his thumb over his lips, gathering his thoughts.  He finally spoke, without removing his thumb.::

Ukinix: But I can’t help feeling for Keehani.  And Vaxa.  ::Sighing:: I wish I didn’t.

Orrey: Wish you didn’t feel for them?

Ukinix: Yeah.  I don’t want to get involved.  But - ::Shaking his head:: oh, this is hard!

::WIl placed his hands on his lap.::

Ukinix: I need to reply to this person.  I just don't know what to say.  Sorry Counsellor, I just - this follow up message came out of the blue.  I haven’t let it sink in yet.  I haven’t heard back from my mother yet either.

Orrey: Well in a way that is good. I mean it is sometimes good to talk through things together with other people.

Ukinix: ::Smiling:: True.  It’s not something I do that often, if I’m honest.  ::Staring ahead:: I had multiple counsellors in my teenage years.  But ::Still staring, smiling cheekily:: well, you gave me Jambalaya - at your house.

Orrey: That is a side effect of knowing me. So…::raising an eyebrow:: other counselors?

::Wil snapped out of his “stare bear” state, and looked at Jansen, smiling.::

Ukinix: Ah -  ::shrugging:: I guess I was young and stupid.  ::Cheekily:: Now I’m just slightly older, and stupid.

Orrey: All of us do that. I mean it is better to get old and stupid then to not get old at all after all.

::Wil smiled, laughed a little and nodded.::

Ukinix: Never thought of it that way.

Orrey: Forget Starfleet for a moment, is this side of your family something you need, or feel is missing from you?

::Wil gave a frustrated sigh with a big wry smile.::

Ukinix: Me personally?  ::Shrugging::  As a teenager I was interested in going to Betazed, but that waned...  I dunno - it depends on what Mum comes back with after she’s told my grandparents.  I feel for Keylargo- um, Keyhonoo- uh ::looking at PADD:: what’s her name again?  ::clicking fingers::  Keehani.  I guess if I was in her shoes, I’d do something similar for my grandparents.

Orrey: And what about your grandparents?

Ukinix: It’s his sister.  He said there wasn’t much love in the family, but - deep down somewhere he’s still gotta care for her.  The way he cares for the rest of us, I can’t believe he wouldn’t.

Orrey: Family bonds are always strong.

Ukinix: I get the impression his parents were both a nasty piece of work.

::Wil sighed, before taking a few moments to gather his thoughts.  He pressed a few times on the PADD.::

Ukinix: I’ll just sit on this for a bit, and think about it.

Orrey: ::tilting his head slightly:: Is there anything else on your mind?

Ukinix: No, everything else is good.

Orrey: That is good to know my friend.

::Wil stood up off of the pillows.::

Ukinix: Thanks Jansen, that was a big help.

Orrey:  No worries. ::chuckling:: Doing my job.

Ukinix: I better get back to engineering, I’ve got some diagnostic logs Geoffrey wants me to look over

Orrey:  ::nodding as he stood as well.:: Best to let him know. If you rather it to be private you can have him come see me.

::Wil smiled, almost grimacing.  He’d have to consider how to handle that information with his Chief, who was also his friend.::

Ukinix: Oh, he already knows about my grandfather.  He’s been giving me a hard time about it.  ::Smiling:: Have to admit, he’s a funny one sometimes.  ::Nodding:: Better run.

::Jansen nodded his head and watched with a smile as the man left the room before he sat down and began to update his records.::

Lieutenant Jansen Orrey

Counselor

USS Veritas

O238506JO0