JP: LtJG G’var & Captain Rahman: May I have this dance? (Part 1)

richyulin

Mar 1, 2019, 8:37:15 PM3/1/19
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas

(( Rooftop Bar Star Station Esperance -- Stardate 239512.31 ))

::The crush of partygoers at the could have best been described as a Mob, thankfully G'var stood head and shoulders above many of the New Years Eve revelers thanks to the three inch heels she was wearing. It didn't take long to get the Bartender’s attention and another large flagon of Blood Wine, a rare 2309 vintage, taking a long pull of the potent drink G'var turned and headed back out towards the dance floor. It had been ages since she had been to a party this wild.::

(( Flashback: The Filthy Skillet Bar and Grill, Upsilon Eridani 5 -- Stardate 238605.11 ))

::It had been a long six weeks out and back from the Rigel system, G'var had been looking forward to some well deserved R&R. Loaded down with a pocket full of Latinum, G'var walked through the glowing Neon doors of the Bar, the entry was flanked by Holographic dancers, blasting out a deep bass rhythm. Colored light strobed along the walls and ceiling, and multi-level booths lined the walls. At the back was a stainless steel bar. Three nude Deltans served drinks to the gathered patrons. Behind the bar a large mirror lined the wall, and a massive Tarkalian Dragon skull hung over the mirror, smoke pouring out its nostrils.::

::After paying a small cover charge G'var made her way in. The center of the club had been hollowed out and a zero-g dance floor had been installed. G'var stood in awe as couples dove into the null field and floated above the floor dancing, writhing to the same rhythm as at the door. Inhaling deeply, G'var's sense went wild as the pheromones of dozens of different species overwhelmed her. G'var could feel her heart begin beating to the rhythm, pumping adrenaline through her body, grabbing a nearby Bajoran she pulled him close for a passionate kiss. For the rest of the night she let the rhythm take her away and into the dawn.::

(( End Flashback ))

::Standing at the edge of the Dance Floor G'var unconsciously tapped her finger against her flagon as the band played a melodious song. Craning her neck she looked for Wil, he still owed her for having taken her arm the night before, and many more dances. Distracted G'var didn't see the Captain approaching.::

Rahman: And how are you this evening, Lieutenant?

G'var:::Spinning::-Captain Rahman! ::looking down at the smaller woman:: Ma’am, just looking for Wil, he owes me many dances, and I aim to get them. ::smiling::

::The Kriosian chuckled. It seemed she wasn’t the only one who had a partner shy of the dance floor.::

Rahman: What is it with men and their fear of dancing?

G’var:::smirking:: Wil is usually a lot more...adventurous...I still think he is afraid I'm going to break him.

::The captain shook her head.::

Rahman: You’d think with the amount of effort they put into trying to impress a lady, they’d have discovered that being confident and able to lead a dance is a sure-winning strategy.

G’var:::laughing:: Perhaps we should show them how it's done. They may need the lesson.

::The Kriosian cocked her head and offered a sly smile.::

Rahman: Shall we show them how it’s done?

G’var:::raising a brow::-Ah! ::looking down at the smaller female:: It would be my genuine pleasure Captain ::holding out her prosthetic hand:: If I may have this Dance Captain.

::They moved out onto the dance floor, an odd pair with the statuesque Klingon woman towering over her pocket-sized captain, but that didn’t stop either of them from having fun. An uptempo pop song was playing as they began moving to the beat.::

Rahman: So, any plans for shore leave?

G’var:::Taking care not to crush the Captain’s Feet::-Yes, Wil has invited me to stay with his Family in Australia, and I plan to visit North America as well.

Rahman: If you’ll consider your captain’s advice: take advantage of every free moment you get, Lieutenant. We don’t always get that luxury.

G’var:::Picking the Captain up and gracefully spinning her in the air:: After Limbo, I just want to enjoy somewhere other than Tropical ::smiling as she swung the Captain low for a pirouette:: I plan to suck every ounce of pleasure out of this time as I can Captain. I hope you and the Commander will do the same.

::The captain dipped her head slightly after the turn while still holding onto G’var’s hand. The mechanical appendage was cool to the touch.::

Rahman: I don’t know about the Commander, but I certainly am looking forward to visiting Earth. I owe my parents a long overdue visit.

G’var:::trying not to crush the Captain’s hand::-Yes it seems that feeling is going around, Wil cannot stop going on about home and his parents

::The song ended, and a slower ballad began. Roshanara put one hand on G’var’s shoulder while the other continued to hold her hand as they began swaying to the soft beat of the music.::

Rahman: So, how are you doing yourself, Lieutenant?

G’var:::smirking::-Fine Captain, just praying to Kahless I can keep my prosthetic from breaking your spine in half ::laughing:: still getting used to it

::At that rather graphic image, the captain raised a steep eyebrow but took a breath.::

Rahman: Well, you seem to have gotten quite nimble with the new equipment.

G’var:::It's through sheer force of Will Captain ::clenching her jaw:: the thrice-damned thing still won't respond well to my commands, and I still feel my real hand, it is very frustrating

::The Kriosian offered a sympathetic smile.::

Rahman: I can understand. I myself actually have a few mechanical substitutes of my own.

::She held up her left hand and wiggled the fourth and fifth fingers, the second set of replacements actually which Del had replaced several years ago after the first set had been destroyed during the Iconian gateway mission on the Mercury.::

G’var:::Raising a brow::-I will endeavor to continue my rehabilitation and therapy, My goal is to be back in shape within six months.

Rahman: Rehabilitation from trauma isn’t just about getting physically better. Make sure you do talk to Counselor Orrey about everything. That’s what he’s here for.

G’var:::Nodding::Of course Captain, I know my Family is here for me.

TBC…

Lieutenant Junior Grade G'var
Security/Tactical Officer
USS Veritas