[E-EEM] Ensign T'Katt Dugoras- Focus lost at the ceremony

Yroc Llah

Apr 6, 2018, 1:08:07 PM4/6/18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
(( Esperance, Eagle Eye Meadows ))

Rahman: Ladies and gentlemen, if you would, please. We are about to begin.

::T'Katt quickly found a seat after the captains announcement that the ceremony was beginning. As he sat there observing the crowd, feeling the sun and the wind he wanted nothing more than to slide down to the ground curl up and go to sleep. After learning that Vulcans could operate with a week of no sleep he had tested himself and found he was generally OK for around three days or so, but he had always had great nutrition to help supplement his deprived state; this was different, he had not eaten much and had drank enough raktajino to last a month in the last twenty four hours alone.::

::Once all the guests were seated Captain Rahman began speaking.::

Rahman: Ladies and gentlemen, friends and family, we have come here tonight to this beautiful site to witness a truly joyous occasion: the wedding of Lieutenant Commanders Mei'konda and Evan Delano. Though they serve as my first officer and operations officer, they are more than shipmates.

::T'Katt zoned out as things got quiet and the captain gave her speech. While he did enjoy the positive and joyful nature of this sort of event in truth he wasn't entirely sold on the concept of marriage. As he had learned the majority of humanoid races used marriage in a  very different way until late in their histories. Originally for many species love and marriage were not hand in hand, marriage was simply a means to enhance family status, diversify genes and combine wealth. Only when in these cultures the ideas of contact and consent or a stigma of religious or spiritual belief are imposed upon a marriage by either or both parties does the couple demand that a marriage satisfy desire and passion with unclouded happiness, even if only in their thoughts or subconscious.::

::He wasn't sure how long he had been zoned out thinking about those details when Mei'konda's voice snapped him back to reality.::

Mei’konda: Evan, we met eaach other when we were Cadets at the Acaademy.  We studiied together, leaarned together.  You intriigued me from day one.  The depths of your intelligence, the… intensity of your feeliings.  You maade me feel like no one else ever has before, and not a daay has gone by when thaat didn’t continue, even duriing long periods apaart.

oO Wow, it's incredible how relationships can develop so deeply from such simple starts. Oo

::Suddenly T'Kat was again zoned out thinking, this time about his academy experience. He had made a handful of friends while in the academy and among them was the Human's Lisa and Kyle Phoenix. They were brother and sister and they had played a major role in helping him to develop a more social personality. Like Mei'konda and Delano the three of them studied and learned together and he felt quite a connection to them after their shared experiences. Lisa was in the medical academy out of her passion to simply have the ability to help others and Kyle because his sister had talked him into it yet they both dedicated nearly as much of themselves as he had into the studies. T'Katt imagined himself intimately with Lisa a few times in the past but he had always avoided that kind of relationship, the feeling made him uncomfortable.::

Delano: I promise that I will do everything I can to be your anchor the way you’ve been mine. And while I know that our jobs will sometimes keep us apart, I’ll cherish every moment that we’re together, and always be ready to greet you when you return. And, of course, I’ll love and honor you as your husband for as long as I’m alive.

::Evans words once again snapped T'Katt to reality for some reason and he realized he was practically missing the ceremony zoning out the way he was. He felt as though he had been very rude to the couple by doing so despite the fact that they would have no way of knowing he had been lost in thought and not paying attention. And almost as quickly as he had returned to hear his words T'Katt zoned out again, this time thinking about his position as counselor and the Veritas crew. While wondering how he would deal with a situation if he ever offended someone or became the source of their problems rather than the solution.::

::As he sat their in the quiet comfortable energy of the ceremony dazed off in his own thoughts T'Katt eventually gave in to his exhaustion and closed his eyes without notice. Within a few seconds he was sitting up straight with a slight tilt of his head fast asleep, dreaming of future sessions on-board the Veritas.::

Rahman: Ladies and gentlemen, I am honored to be the first to introduce the newly married couple of Evan Delano and Mei'konda!

::The sounds of clapping roused T'Katt from his slumber abruptly. Quickly he looked around to figure out what was going on. He saw the happy crowd and the couple in the front and remembered where he was.::

oO I need to leave. Oo ::T'Katt told himself as embarrassment swelled deep inside him.::

::Calmly he watched as the ceremony ended and the couple stepped down and the crowd stood up and once again people began to mingle. As fast and hopefully unseen as he could be T'Katt proceeded to make his way through the people offering generic greetings and the like as he passed by until he was able to completely slip away. He felt a little ashamed being in this condition and having to leave so abruptly, but he was sure he would cause problems if he stayed feeling as he did now.::

Ensign T'Katt Dugoras

Counselor

USS Veritas NCC-95035

V239503TD0