LTJG T'Katt Dugoras- Slipping away at the end of the day

Yroc Llah

Nov 7, 2018, 7:05:35 PM11/7/18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
(( Captain's Ready Room, USS Veritas ))

:: T'Katt rang the chime at the ready room door and waited quietly. He recalled the first time he had stood in this spot. When he was first assigned to the Veritas he had approached this door with a feeling of subtle fear, the kind a child would experience when he was about to be in trouble. This time he just felt ashamed, the rest of the crew seemed to think he was doing a good job, but in his own mind, he knew how he had been thinking and behaving. And now the second conversation he would have with his captain aside from those during missions would be his request to be let go from his duty to return to Earth.::

Dugoras: Hello Captain.

:: He entered the room and stood at attention.::

Rahman: Counselor, please. Have a seat. You said it was urgent.

Dugoras: Well, this is going to seem sudden. :;beat.:: I'd like to resign from my post on the Veritas.

Rahman: Oh… may I inquire as to why?

:: T'Katt pulled out his PADD and stepped forward holding it out for her to take and read. He hoped seeing the message would be enough for her to understand.::

Rahman: What’s this?

Dugoras: In the academy, I applied to the research team. It can take years to get accepted so this was very sudden for me, but if I turn it down I can't apply again.

::She skimmed the message as he explained.::

Rahman: I see… so you’re looking at a long-term leave of absence possibly?

Dugoras: I suppose I am, yes.

::She nodded and he stiffened a bit. He wasn't sure if there would be an issue or not.::

Rahman: Well, I am sorry to hear that we’ll be losing you. It’s a great loss to the crew, but that’s only a reflection on how much you’ve given to this ship.

:: T'Katt forced down his insecurities and allowed himself the comment without analyzing it. As he answered the captain he thought to himself, and he decided that he would try his best to return to the Veritas once he was finished.::

Dugoras: Thank you, Captain.

::She stood up to give the man a final and proper farewell.::

Rahman: Best of luck to you, Counselor. And I do hope we see each other again. I still owe you that session.

Dugoras: I will request my post here once again as soon as I can if it's available of course.

:: He nodded and turned to exit the room, leaving the PADD with the captain for her records.::

(( T'Katt's Quarters/Counselors Quarters ))

:: T'Katt packed his bags quickly, he had only a few items he had brought with him, and now a plant, which he retrieved from his office. He was saddened as he picked it up and briefly imagined a scenario in which Alora was visiting him and was pleased with the condition of the plant. He imagined her smile, and then the faces of the other crew members.::

Dugoras: oO Wow am I that sad? ::beat.:: Yes! It's pathetic! It's pointless. Oo

:: He rubbed his temples and looked at the time, he had missed his medication time and was feeling the results pretty hard. Before leaving his office he accessed the replicator and took his medicine with some water, and then accessed the information on his new plant, Deveau had told him full instructions were in the system.::

:: Quickly he set up a transport to Esperance where he would be able to get transport to earth. With the Montreal nearby and the crew's working hard to fix her up as well as the traffic from the transfers and new arrivals he knew he would be able to slip out relatively unnoticed. He did not want to go through any goodbye's, he simply wanted to float off into space quietly.::

TAG/END

LTJG T'Katt Dugoras
Counselor
USS Veritas, NCC 95035