JP Ensign MacKenzie and Lt JG Ukinix - Of Checkups and Trinkets (Part 1)

Danny Lee

Mar 28, 2019, 6:38:11 PM3/28/19
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(OOC: Backsim, occurs not long before the Veritas gets to the debris field…)

((Sickbay, USS Veritas))

::Wil walked into sick bay, carrying a large, heavy sack over his shoulder.  In his other hand he had a set of tools.::

Ukinix: Doctor MacKenzie?

::Addison looked up from the report in her hand and recognized the officer almost immediately. She offered a smile.::

MacKenzie: So they tell me, Lieutenant! ::she extended her hand::

::Wil offered his hand to Addison.::

Ukinix: Hello Doctor, I’ve got a medical scheduled.  It’s great to finally meet you properly, we’ve hardly spoken.

MacKenzie: The feeling is mutual. I’ve read a lot about you, especially the work on Lieutenant G’var’s prosthetic. Quite impressive.

::Wil walked over to the nearby wall, and dropped the sack against it, to keep it in place.  He placed the set of tools next to them::

MacKenzie: What do you have there?

Ukinix: It’s something I promised Del, for the office.  ::Cracking his neck:: Better late than never.  Anyway - ::clapping his hands together, smiling:: I’m in your hands Doc, examine away.

MacKenzie: ::gesturing to one of the biobeds:: Certainly. Hop up here. I’ll grab your medical records and we’ll get started.

Ukinix: Sure.

::Wil walked over to the nearby biobed, and lifted himself onto it. Addison returned with medical tricorder and a PADD. She pulled up the engineer’s information and quickly glanced over the information.::

MacKenzie: I see here that you’re part Betazoid?

::Wil watched as Addison looked over his medical records.::

Ukinix: Yep, that’s right.

MacKenzie: ::nodding satisfactorily and smiling:: Great. Just want to make sure I take that into consideration as I review your results.

::Activating her tricorder, Addison started to slowly move it over Ukinix’s body.::

MacKenzie: Have you had any recent medical issues I should know about?

Ukinix: Um... ::scratching his head::   Oh, I’ve got an old sporting injury in my ankle from my teenage years, if flared up again when I was on shore leave but Del treated it.  It’s been OK since, but I can feel it just a little every now and then.

MacKenzie: I see. What about any issues surrounding your empathic abilities?

Ukinix: Yeah, I thought that might come up. ::Sigh:: I try once a day to meditate after performing a Suus Mahna kata, it makes it more bearable.  Commander Delano showed me that when I was on Limbo.  Raissa and G’var have helped me too.  But I’m still worried that intense situations with people around me will exhaust me and give me headaches.  Those situations are difficult, and it’s happened several times now since I’ve been a cadet.  But I’ve been told there’s nothing medically that can be done about it.

MacKenzie: It’s true, there’s nothing we can do about it, but have you ever thought that it might be a gift?

::Wil nodded in conceit, with a slight sigh.::

Ukinix: I know, I can’t just switch it off.  Unfortunately.

::Addison smirked and attempted to lift the mood.::

MacKenzie: Quick, what am I thinking?

Ukinix: Let me check...

::Wil put his fingers on his temples moving them in circles, and closed his eyes.::

Ukinix: ::Cheekily::  I can sense... that you’re… doing a medical examination.

MacKenzie: ::she winked and returned to her tricorder:: And what about any telepathy?

Ukinix: ::Smiling:: No, thankfully sign of telepathic abilities.  I’m quite happy for a 0 to stay next to that T for ever.

Ensign Addison MacKenzie

Medical Officer

USS Veritas

V239601AM0