PNPC Resachi & Lt. Ceciri Ariadust - Come, friends, who plough the sea

Koihime Nakamura

Jun 13, 2020, 4:19:47 AM6/13/20
to Veritas IC

((Nova's Last Kiss, Ashworth Station, Middle Bar.))

Resachi: More opportunity.. until recently. ::wryly:: The fleeters are quite angry out here lately.::side eying Jolara and Quall:: One would almost say it's personal, and too personal at that.

Jolara: One might say the fleeters have reason. ::with a shrug:: Then again, they seem to take everything personal.

Resachi smiled, a bit politely, at the other woman. She felt a lot more at home with verbal thrust and parry. Also, it was buying her time for the ship to get ready. There was this.. electric feeling in the air. That said, this was just the opening feint in the war. And she needed time while her ship got ready.

Ceciri could see some of the other Cygnians at the table rolling their eyes. It wasn't wrong, though. Starfleet took a lot of things personally, up to and involving the administration of justice. Granted, most of the times that last was only done at the request of local law enforcement. But.. well, sometimes, it was personal. She looked down at her hands, and she couldn't help but remember the moment her cousin died in her arms. Her hands curled up into fists, her claws metaphorically bared, before Resachi grabbed her into a side hug, looking back at Jolara with a challenging look on her face.

Resachi enjoyed the Cygnetian game of negotiation with an unholy passion. It had gotten her The Thunder of Nations after all, and she had spent months passing time and playing it with Ceciri. No point in not playing the game at hand, even if she suspected the avalanche had started. Keeping an eye out, she frowned slightly at Ceciri and grabbed her into a hug to emphasize her sally and distract Ceciri from her thoughts. Now was not the time or place.

Resachi: They do. From what the wind blows, this Rahman? seems to have sunk herself into lava to hunt pirates down.. ::challenging smile:: An interesting time to look for a ship. I know what 'ciri here can do, but what can you? All I can tell is you're well armed and witty but that's half this station.

Ceciri winced at the allusion to the legend of the guardian of Lark's Folly, a woman so seized with vengeance that she walked across a sea of lava to defeat her foe and died from it. The pointed look she got from some members of the table was... uncomfortable.

Jolara: Response

Just then, one of the other Cygnians gestured at the new party. Ceciri looked up to see G'var enter and frowned. That made everyone here.  At least they had gotten this far.. She thought she even spotted their "guides" somewhere. Of course, in this atmosphere the thing about Starfleet that stuck out was a gait, and from how G'vars group was moving.. Well, she hoped she was just praying for the typhoon.

Resachi winced. Of course it was Ollie and Lena. They still owed her a set of Kzinti love-operas. And.. That looked to be "Perfect Johnny". Not high on her list of favorite people (or low, either), but for a male, a surprisingly cunning ability to read character. And if she could spot the fleeter so could he. That one long white haired male, that adorable overacting..so, counting the silent doctor and the other fleeeter with him..that was 6. Not a bad number. Granted, Resachi was cheating, as she was one of those who paid for a number of services on Ashworth, including transport passthrough and a small broker that just watched the docking area.

.oO They should be thankful that a lot of spacers here hate The Marths that much, or this would have been uglier Oo. Resachi could admit, she respected at least his risk management, even if this made her life harder.

Lena/Ollie: Response

Jolara: Response

Resachi smiled briefly. She would really miss playing this game, but she really did want the Fleet off the station before this got worse. It was bad for business. She lowered her voice and spoke directly to Jolara.

Resachi: Look. I know you are all from the Veritas. I do keep track of where ‘ciri is deployed, and who’s commanding it. And what happened to your captain is known to the general underground. And honestly, I think that Marths associates also need a reality check. See, I’ve been trying to figure out how he’s working. I’d like to enjoy that kind of stealth.

Ceciri gazed at Resachi in surprise. Why under the living stars would anyone be tracking her deployments? She didn’t notice the other Cygnians shake their heads slightly at the obliviousness of the Starfleet officer, but some of their looks were tinged with pity

Jolara: Response

Resachi: ::slides a PADD of data across:: This contains all of the transactions I’ve been able to get. It’ll let you track him down. ::wryly:: Please, don’t mention it.

Jolara/Lena/Ollie: Response

TAG/TBC

Lt. Ceciri Ariadust

Helms Officer