[BR] LtCmdr Sky Blake, "Lures."

Deliera Jay

Feb 5, 2017, 2:24:20 AM2/5/17
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Bridge))

Rahman: Were we able to find any traces of the attackers?

Mei’konda: Mmh, yes.  I’ve maade progress.  I did fiind multiple impulse traails leading away from the wreck, but they disappear approxiimaately one million kilometers from here.  Judging from the Kliingon that we found, it seems liikely that the attacking vessels were equipped with cloaking deviices.

::Using cloaking technology in Federation space, approaching a civilian transport in numbers, attacking said transport, theft of cargo, murder - the list went on. Cormac would be throwing a fit right about now.::

Delano: Judging by what we’ve gathered from the computer files that weren’t corrupted, and by the an analysis of the damage to the Falcon, I’m estimating somewhere between six and ten ships were involved in the attack. And at least some of them was outfitted with a significant supply of antimatter warheads. I’m guessing that none of these ships would be that impressive on their own.

::A bee on its own might sting a little, but a whole swarm could kill.::

Walker: With the patterns and accuracy of fire, they were definitely aware of who they were attacking and the weaknesses of the Falcon's design.  :: Shrugging:: Not sure if that means they weren't impressive, or just using the minimum force necessary.

Blake: That's a sign of a reconneseance team trailing the Falcon.

Mei'konda: Ensiign… Sepek, is it?  I looked at your readiings.  You detected a warp traiil, yes?

Sepek: Yes, very faint it seems to be hours old. I'm working around the Tetryon interference now to get a heading.

Mei'konda: Good work, Ensiign.  It’s possiible that one of these shiips has not haad their cloakiing device properly calibraated.  The good news, though, is that with their actiive sensor emissions masked, there’s no waay they can navigate the Shoals at warp five.

::Sky glanced up at the Caitian and frowned a little. In this sector, no one could navigate at warp five without being run aground. Tiny or not.::

Delano: So we could potentially catch up to them. Though they’ll have a significant headstart. I’d estimate these impulse rails are at least nine hours old.

Blake: Why do I sense a "but" in there somewhere . . .

Mei'konda: The bad news?  We’ll haave no idea of how many ships or whaat their armament is until we're on top of them.  The only thiing we know is that they are equipped with refurbiished photon torpedos.

Rahman: It might help if we know *whom* we're looking for…

::A glance was given to Blake and Delano.::

Rahman: Any clues? Hallmarks you've seen before in other attacks?

Delano: About two months ago, several dozen photon torpedoes were stolen from a salvage ship on Seheik. That was the reason for the message I sent back to the Federation. In the Shoals, that kind of armament could cause a real shift in the balance of power. I… can’t say for certain that these are the same torpedoes, but the yield and power signature are consistent. ::beat:: In any case, I’m certain we’re dealing with pirates, but it’s hard to judge what faction.

Blake:::muttering:: I might.

::When her eyes flickered up, she caught Rahman's amused expression.::

Rahman: Hmmph, it's all right. I'm willing to entertain even a hunch.

Blake: A Klingon in our Sick Bay. Hints at precision attacks by multiple ships. Now we have a connection to stolen torpedoes from Seheik. ::She sighed, a fist clenched as she leaned forward against the console.:: This sounds an awful lot like the Shoals' favourite pirate gang.

Delano: I haven’t dealt much with them, but I know the kos’karii are led by a Klingon. Very few of their ships ever visited Seheik.

Blake: Jilor. Everything we know about him is already in the Federation database - he has quite the history. And I doubt Seheik settlement would have much to offer his "fleet", aside from being the occasional trading post. The Kos'karii are the biggest pirate faction here - they're on top of the food chain. Jilor came to the Shoals with a single ship with his family, now he's got what he likes to call a 'fleet' and is intent on 'fixing' the Shoals.

Rahman: Response?

Blake: For that answer, you'll have to get in line. I promised Commander Zhou he'd be the first to know as soon as I did. ::She grinned.:: But while the true meaning behind the crusade is unknown to us, their tactics aren't. We've had some dealings in the past. ::Crossing her arms.:: They like to cluster and pull people out of warp.

Rahman/Walker: Response?

Blake: Once. Never again. And as you can see, Veritas is still in one piece - but they took out our sensors so quick that we're not even certain if it was the Kos-karii. No contact, no message, just . . . "unhappiness". ::She quoted Sierra.:: That may have been what happened here.

Rahman: Have we been able to turn up more information on the Falcon herself?

Mei'konda/Sepek: Response?

Delano: They were surprisingly well armed for a freighter.

Walker: And they were carrying some interesting cargo that wasn't on their manifests.  Items that I'd normally expect anyone attacking a freighter would be very interested in.

Rahman: Who is she registered to? And where was she coming from?

Delano: Officially, she’s a Colonial Coalition freighter. Presumably used to make supply runs between the major colonies.

Mei'konda: Response?

Walker: She's also got some seriously shielded smuggler holds.  I'm not sure the Veritas would even have been able to scan them in a normal situation.

Blake: The unfortunate side affect of Operation Safe Harbor, no doubt.

Rahman: Was a manifest logged?

Mei'konda/Sepek: Response?

Delano: Given how large a problem piracy has become in recent years, it’s not uncommon for freighters to employ smuggler's techniques to protect valuable cargo. I wouldn't assume anything nefarious.

Walker:  With all due respect?  I'd not assume the reverse either.  And I'd say odds are better than even at least one of them was working with the pirates.

Sepek: ::controlling his excitement:: Captain, it seems the warp trail heads to an area where the tetryon fields are more dense and active, but then cuts off. I'm assuming that this area is the shadows?

Blake: Every pirate gang from one end of the Shoals to another that we are *all* blind in there.

Anyone: Response?

Blake: By the time we reach the Shadows, tracking them will be ten times harder. But last time we tried going after them, we had a good idea where one of their haunts.

Anyone: Response?

Blake: Reports suggest Veritas got called away before the crew could investigate further. I wouldn't personally know - I was on my personal leave.

Rahman: Response?

Tbc . . .

LtCmdr Sky Blake
Executive Officer