[V-B] Ensign T'Katt Dugoras- The first mission in Starfleet

Yroc Llah

Apr 12, 2018, 7:02:42 PM4/12/18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
(( USS Veritas, Brigg ))

::T'Katt was admittedly nervous as he walked through the corridor beside Commander Mei'Konda and Lieutenant Tuk towards the brig. He hadn't expected to be possibly needed outside of the crew's sessions so soon into his serving on board the Veritas. He was glad that he had made the time to get proper meditation and sleep before the ship had been fully prepped for voyage, while the Captain saw to a few matters.::

::Glancing at Mei'Konda and Tuk.:: oO I am glad to have met these two somewhat prior to our having to work together. Oo

:: When the brigs doors opened T'Katt allowed the two senior officers to enter first. Commander Mei'Konda nodded once toward the crewman who was manning the force-fields, then shifted his attention toward Rahman; he folded his arms across his chest, and watched and waited. T'Katt followed his lead in nodding towards the crewman manning the force fileds then he too turned his attention towards the Captain.::

oO She certainly seems flustered. Oo ::T'Katt observed her posture and what he could see of her expression as well as those of the man in the cell behind her.::

Tuk: Response

::The captain crossed her arms before turning her head towards the three new arrivals.::

Rahman: You're just in time, gentlemen. Mr. Ver was about to explain why he expects not to be thrown back to the Marshals.

Mei'konda: Response Mei'konda: Very good to heaar.  We fiinished the debris analysis, Captain.  Looks like he had a phaser attached to the shuttle’s waarp core, ready to overload on siignal from his detonaator.

::T'Katt couldn't help but wonder if that hadn't been a little to circumstantial a plan to rely on, surely there could have been a better way. He found himself wondering about the other ways this Mr. Var could have accomplished the same thing with a more certain plan of action. Then he considered the difference in knowledge about such things as well as well as this mans ship and conceded that he may be a very intelligent man with a far more intricate plan in mind than those T'Katt was imagining; after all he still had yet to learn this mans motivations.::

Tuk: Response

Mei’konda: Quiite illegal.  Wiith our recommendaation, I believe a Federation prosecutor would be incliined to go for the maaximum sentaance for this sort of thiing.  Several years in a penal settlement, I believe.

::T'Katt simply waited to hear Kallo's response to all this with his left hand stroking his facial hair and his right arm resting across hi chest clasping his left arm.::

Rahman / Kallo / Tuk: Responses

::Kallo gave somewhat of a smug shake of his head.::

Kallo: Ordinarily, I'd agree, Commander Mei'konda. But I believe this occurred in Esperance space - thus just outside Federation jurisdiction. And since no damage was incurred on the Veritas, a Federation prosecutor is simply unnecessary
.
Mei'konda/Tuk/Rahman: Response?

Kallo: Captain, I requested your services for my vessel, because it held something of great value to me, of which was in danger of discovery so long as it remained aboard the Tiger Lilly and close to Marshal hands.

::T'Katt noticed a calmness in this mans voice as he spoke. He couldn't help but to be intrigued.::

oO I wonder what he is after in all this... Oo

Mei'konda/Tuk/Rahman: Response?

Kallo: The location of a long forgotten fleet of Romulan warbirds, said to hold untold treasures. Open for inspection, I do believe.

Mei'konda/Tuk/Rahman: Response?

Kallo: Long story short, the Orion Syndicate approached me with a business opportunity - given that it came at the end of a disruptor, I'd have been mad to refuse - and they employed me to go searching for a lost Romulan fleet of V'teridix class warbirds. The kind of thing that generally only pan out of be myths. After some rather unethical means of gathering information thanks to a Nuvian lass, I decoded an ancient Romulan transmission - a distress signal, originating from a set of coordinates. I bolted from the Syndicate shortly after - and then was conveniently found by Marshals not long afterward.

::T'Katt found even this undetailed story to be very interesting. He enjoyed fiction with plots like this and had considered a life of bounty hunting, tressure hunting, or even piracy when he was living on Kronos with his fathers clan as a young man. Ultimately his desire for correct pursuit of action and a certain level of cleanlyness detered him from those life paths.

Mei'konda/Tuk/Rahman: Response?

Kallo: Blowing up my dear vessel ensured my arrest - and I and my possessions are significantly safer in Starfleet hands than with the Marshals. Whether or not I was remanded on Esperance or the Veritas was more of a coin toss, though. I can't exactly plan for *everything*.

Dugoras: ::Lowering his arms and stepping forward.:: Captain considering how far ahead he has planned thus far in conjunction with having intentionally involved the Veritas and Starfleet it is reasonable to assume he may have a plan in place for escape. His story may be a falsity for misdirection or even if within truth it could be detailed to distract the major aspects from the minor. ::Turning slightly towards the Chief of security.:: We may want to consider tight security placement durring his stay.

::It wasn't exactly the assessment he felt he should have vocalized as a Counselor but the security part his his training had brought the thought into his head.::

Mei'konda/Tuk/Rahman: Response?

::Kallo backed up to the back of his confinement until his knees hit the bed. It appeared to T'Katt as though he may be actually be little frightened at the prospect of leaving.::

Kallo: You think so little of me! I actually *prefer* these lodgings - low chance I'm about to go launching an escape when I'm safer in here compared to the never ending dangers of travelling through space *alone*. Not to mention that the point of me being *here* was so that others would feel deterred. This Romulan fleet isn't simply treasure - it could tip the balance between you and the Orion Syndicate, in the favour of *them*. And honestly, that's no good for *any* self-respecting smuggler. ::He crossed his arms and shook his head.:: I'd rather *not* have to pay a tax to smuggle my goods - that's why I'm smuggling them in the first place.

::T'Katt observed him very closely as he spoke this time. He listened to the tone of his voice and payed attention to the parts he gave emphasis to. He figured it was possible he was telling the truth with no veil, but with only just enough detail included and excluded to prevent them from seeing the whole picture. He wondered about the Syndicate as well, they would certainly be out on the hunt for this man and his possessions if they were indeed so valuable.::

oO It would help if knew more about this Kallo man, or could even if I could talk to him alone.Oo

Mei'konda/Tuk/Rahman: Response?

tag

Ensign T'Katt Dugoras

Counselor