Lt JG Wil Ukinix - Better Get a Lawyer

Danny Lee

Jul 5, 2019, 11:38:05 PM7/5/19
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Welder's Diner, Ketar V))

::The dreadlocked woman turned her back on the Starfleet trio, before spinning on her feet and throwing a punch at Kelrod.  In the background, Wil saw the other two human males lunge towards the Romulan pair, as the waitress dived out of harm’s way.

Wil’s eyes opened wide, before he jumped up on to the table, knowing he had to go *somewhere* to help stop the two fights that had broken out.  He looked at Roshanara, to follow her lead.

His head snapped right however, when the hand of Kelrod’s prosthetic arm caught the human woman’s’ fist. A little shiver ran up his spine when he heard the sound of bones crackling. Kelrod then swung his hand to connect with the back of the woman’s head, which made her crumple to the ground.  She winced in pain, before she looked up at Kelrod.

Everything from that moment happened in slow motion for Wil.

The blonde dreadlocked woman turned to look up at Kelrod, and still clutching her hand began to slowly rise to her feet from her knees. At the same time, Kelrod pulled his phaser from his holster, much to Wil’s dismay.  With Kelrod’s attention diverted to one of the male humans fighting the first Romulan, Wil jumped down off the table to put his hand on the woman’s shoulder.::

Ukinix: ::To woman:: I wouldn’t.

::As the woman screwed up her nose and looked up at him, Wil began to turn to his Captain to check on her welfare.  That was interrupted by sound of single phaser shot filling the diner.  Wil turned to look back to see the first human slumping to the ground – along with the other Romulan on the ground, and his former human opponent running towards Wil.::

Ukinix: ::To human male:: DON’T.

::As his eyes opened wide, Wil’s academy training kicked in.  He began to turn his body to the side and raise his fists to defend himself.  As he felt an adrenalin rush wash over him, the sound of another phaser shot sounded.  The human that was running towards Wil slumped, before falling to the ground at Wil’s feet.  Wil turned his head slightly, and saw Kelrod, phaser in hand, pointing in his direction.

With both male humans passed out on the on the ground, and the woman on her knees clasping her broken hand, Roshanara made her way over to Wil.::

Rahman: Are you all right?

::Wil looked down at the slumped body on the ground.  After observing the man for a split second, he was happy to see his stomach moving.::

Ukinix: ::Panting, nodding:: Yeah, fine.

::He placed a single hand on his chest, as Roshanara walked over towards the two Romulans.::

Rahman: And you?

::One of the Romulans nodded at Roshanara.  Wil then turned his head to see some marshals walking in through the door.  He blew out through his cheeks and felt relief.  He then heard Kelrod’s voice.::

Kelrod: Will you behave or do I have to stun you too?

::The woman simply looked up at Kelrod with flared nostrils.::

Marshal: What's going on here?

Kelrod: Don't tell that I didn't gave you a chance to leave. :: to the officers :: I'm Commander Kelrod Chief of Security of the USS Veritas. This woman will require medical attention.

::The woman on her knees, still clasping her broken hand, formed a wicked grin on her face.::

Human woman: Marshal, we were just trying to have a meal when this bastard started shooting! ::She raised her arm up to show the marshal as his partner went to look over at the unconscious bodies.:: He crushed my hand!

::Wil groaned and sighed as he rolled his eyes.::

Ukinix: oO &$$%#$&&(^&^! Oo

Romulan: That was only after you tried to start a fight. You shouldn't start something unless you intend to finish it.

Kelrod: I hope you're okay. I'll be happy to help you get medical attention if you require it.

Romulan: Thank you...

Kelrod: I personally consider Romulans a strong and intelligent people. In fact, Starfleet has Romulans or part Romulans serving. I hope that you are open to reconsider your … views of the Federation.

::Roshanara turned to Kelrod.::

Rahman: ::whispers:: Commander, I don't think this is over...

::Turning to look at Roshanara, Wil furrowed his brow.::

Ukinix: ::Quietly, to Roshanara:: What?

::Kelrod looked back up and around the diner.::

Kelrod: I'm sorry for the mess. Please, give my compliments to the kitchen. I'll be sure to come back next time I'm around, if it's fine with you.

Marshal: Not so fast! You all are under arrest.

::Wil’s jaw dropped, as Roshanara took a step forward.::

Rahman: On what charges?

Marshal: Disturbing the peace, discharging a phaser in public, assault... need I go on, little lady?

::With a sudden wash of frustration mixed with anger, Wil stepped forward next to his Captain.::

Ukinix: “Little Lady”!!  Who the fff-

Kelrod: Response

::As Wil opened his mouth to begin vociferously protesting their arrest, Rahman raised her hand, to calm him and Kelrod.  Wil shut his jaw and clenched it.::

Rahman: We'll sort this out at the marshal's office.

::Placing his hands on the sides of his temples, Wil closed his eyes and looked down.::

((THE SLAMMER!, CCMS Office, Ketar V))

::Wil had been in the same spot in the cell that he had been in for the last five minutes.  His arms crossed, sitting on the bench, leaning against the wall, looking down at the ground.

At that point, if you looked up the word “unimpressed” in *any* dictionary in the Starfleet database for any language, it would have shown a picture of Wil’s face.

The same twentieth century song from Wil’s collection, that had been long forgotten about by civilisation and yet was scarily appropriate for the situation, kept playing over and over in his head.::

Ukinix: oO Then the officer said… Better get a lawyer, son.  You better get reeeaaaaalll good one. Oo

Rahman: I know you both haven't done anything wrong. But we have to be careful now... we're not the final word of the law here.

::He didn’t look up.  He simply listened to Roshanara, and with his empathic abilities, tried to tune in to his Captain’s state of calm.::

Rahman: Clearly.

Kelrod: Response

::Wil stood, and turned to rest the top of his back against the wall while looking up at the ceiling.::

Ukinix: ::Sighing:: This is just greeeeaaaaat.

::Without moving from his position, Wil turned his head to look at the two people that had just walked in.  One was a portly male, with grey hair and matching beard.::

Jennings: I'm Chief Marshal Jennings. You folks must be new around here. You can consider me the local sheriff around these parts.

Ukinix: oO “Chief Marshal”.  You bloody beauty!  Let’s sort this out and go home. Oo

::Turning to face the men, Wil stood up straight, and placed his hands behind his back.  He nodded respectfully to them.::

Rahman: Marshal, I'm Captain Roshanara Rahman of the USS Veritas. These are my officers: Commander Kelrod, my chief of security, and Lieutenant Wil Ukinix, my assistant chief engineer.

Kelrod: Response

Ukinix: Chief Marshal, hello Sir.

Jennings: Captain, why are you starting trouble on my colony?

::For some reason, hearing more of the man’s raspy voice gave Wil an odd feeling in the pit of his stomach, as if this wasn’t going to bode well…::

Rahman: Chief Marshal, we're here to investigate the murder of a Starfleet officer. I'm sure if you speak with Inspector Hext-

Jennings: Hext? Psh, that cowboy? Well, I suppose that explains a little. I don't know how you run things on your ship, captain, but around here, we don't take kindly to phasers going off in diners. Scares the little ones while families are just trying to enjoy their lunch.

Ukinix: oO “That cowboy”. ::Sarcastically: Oh, goody. Oo

Kelrod: Response

Ukinix:  There were no little ones.  It was full of workers.  We *did* stop a potential bashing of two Romulans by three bigots.

Jennings: And in the process, you managed to injure one of them, requiring medical attention, and shot the others. All of whom, I should tell you are pressing charges.

Kelrod: Response

::Wil placed his thumb and forefinger on the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes.::

Ukinix: ::Sarcastically:: Oh, goody.

Rahman: Surely, Chief Marshal, you can clearly understand we were defending ourselves.

::The marshal chuckled.::

Jennings: It didn't look like much of a fair fight according to my deputies when they arrived at the scene.

Kelrod: Response

Ukinix: ::Placing palms on cheeks in disbelief::  And I think the Romulans would agree.  Surely you can see that.

::Jennings stroked his chin, pondering what the trio had just said.::

Jennings: Well, it doesn't matter what I think, really. You folks messed up. ::looks at Kelrod:: That woman whose hand you crushed? She's the daughter of one of the councilmen of the Ketar governing council. And I can assure you her daddy ain't happy.

Kelrod: Response

Ukinix: ::Incredulous, smirking:: Her “daddy”?  Does he pay for her dreadlocks too?  And tolerate her racism?  Spoilt brat.

Jennings: ::laughs:: You might be right about that. Still, you've found yourselves in quite the mess now.

Rahman: I need to contact my ship.

Jennings: Relax, captain. We've already sent word up to them. But that councilman is insisting that you remain behind forcefield to await court.

Ukinix: oO Court. Great. Oo

::As the Captain looked back at Kelrod and Wil, Wil closed his eyes, and let out a small chuckle in disbelief at the situation.::

Kelrod: Response

::He placed his hands on his hips, and sucked his lips into his mouth, before speaking.  He placed his hands behind his back as he respectfully spoke ::

Ukinix: ::To Jennings:: Then we’ll require legal counsel.

Rahman: Response

Kelrod: Response

Jennings: Response

::As the men left, Wil placed his hands on his hips again, before bending forward and letting out a groan.::

Ukinix: Ohhhhh, this is ridiculous.

Rahman: Response

Kelrod: Response

Ukinix: Can we get someone from Starfleet to represent us?

::Wil’s eyebrows raised as he considered their current location in the galaxy.::

Ukinix: Which means we would have to get someone from the ship.

Rahman/Kelrod: Responses

::The song that was earlier repeating in Wil’s head came back.  He sat back down on the bench as he recited part of the song.::

Ukinix:  ::Reciting line from song:: Get yourself a lawyer, son.  You’re gonna need a good one, to getchya out of this one.

Rahman/Kelrod: Responses

Tags/TBC!

Lieutenant JG Wil Ukinix

Assistant Chief Engineer/Inmate S2874A5