LtCmdr Sky Blake, "Correspondence."

Deliera Jay

May 25, 2018, 11:13:46 PM5/25/18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((OOC: The following takes place over a six month period.))

====

Astras Teitut,

Thank you of informing me of Lila's passing. Due to the nature of our relationship, it's unlikely I'd have ever learned of her death - tracking me down was no doubt troublesome given my current location, and I appreciate the effort you went to.

I wasn't aware of any connection to the Eleventh House of Betazed prior to yours contacting me, so you may understand why I'm a little skeptical of this. My mother spoke very little of her background and while I did try to get answers to many questions I had of her connections of Betazed, she chose not to inform me of them. As such, I'm not aware of any "differences" she might have had with you and yours - perhaps if someone could provide me with some background, we may be able to work through whatever happened. I did not get along well with Lila during her final years, but if there was one thing I was keenly aware of, it was that she had an immense distaste for politics.

Regardless, thank you for the information.

Sky Blake

====
ATTACHMENTS:
Folder:
Lylita Vataix birth records
File: Vataix bloodline

Hello again, Ms Blake,

Many of the Eleventh House were lost during the Dominion War, victims of the attacks on our homeworld, so we are attempting to relocate those lost before or during the chaos. It is strange timing, and I understand your skepticism, but locating you and your family is primarily a historic quest in nature, to track where the bloodlines flowed.

Lylita left home following what many considered to be a "misunderstanding" regarding a matter of study. I was not present for the conflict, but I am told by Naminae (Lylita's sister) that Lylita was intent on studying alien species without approval of the Federation Council - ie, pre-warp civilizations. She fled thereafter, to where we now know was the Delos system and was struck from the family upon her request.

At no point was mention made of you or your children, which I and the family consider to be, quite frankly, unfair on both you and us. Lylita did not see eye to eye with us, but we're hoping to amend relations with you and yours in her absence. I've attached documentation regarding Lylita's blood relation to us so to bring peace of mind - please compare with your own.

Astras Teitut

====

Astras,

I see now that my mother's problematic personality did not cause conflict with just me, but others as well. That's somewhat of a relief. I'd be happy to amend whatever relationships she's broken.

As I'm sure you're likely aware by now, "me and mine" are separated across many lightyears of space. I have no right to ask this of you, but my daughter is locked within the Delos system as a dual citizen of Brekka and Ornara - despite it being an incredibly minor power, the Federation does not wish to cause conflict with Brekka in light of several other conflicts it's currently facing within and outside it's own borders. As such, she is not permitted to live in Federation space with me, despite my son and I being Federation citizens. Again, I have no right to ask you for assistance, and I've no idea how Betazoid politics or immigration works, but if someone could perhaps lend assistance, I'd be eternally grateful.

Blake

====

Hello again, Ms Blake

We'll get onto that immediately. Refusing a child's admission into the Federation is simply not on and goes against our House's values. We'll let you know when we begin to make headway.

Could you provide us with any and all information regarding your daughter and her whereabouts, as well as her current guardians. We may also need to find her biological father.

Astras Teitut

====
ATTACHMENTS
Folder:
Ilakai Juanita Blake

Astras,

She's currently located on Ornara with her paternal uncle, in a place called Bintac. Brekka is approaching civil war, so it was safer for her to remain on it's sister planet. I do not have information regarding her biological father - it's a complicated subject - but feel free to go hunting through her medical records. I certainly couldn't find him.

I can't thank you enough for even just looking at this.

Blake

====

Hello again, Ms Blake

Not to worry about Faith's father - that you're half Betazoid entitles you and your family to residency on our homeworld. We're discussing the case with Immigration at present - if Federation Immigration fails to deliver, we will "begin making noise", as one might say.

Quick question; do you have any kind of relationship with Aagan Eislas?

Astras Teitut

====

Not a name I recognize, but given the complexity of my situation, I may have potentially met them at some point between 2383 and 2391. Should I know them?

Blake

====

Hello again, Ms Blake

He has similar genetic markers to your daughter. Aagan Eislas may very well be her father.

Astras Teitut

====

That's nice.

Please let me know of any changes to Faith's case.

Blake

====

LtCmdr Sky Blake
Ranger