Lt. Ceciri Ariadust - Hidden within the Beats

Koihime Nakamura

Jun 17, 2020, 10:37:32 AM6/17/20
to Veritas IC

((Command Information Center, Deck 6 - USS Veritas))

Ceciri had well.. been too busy to change back as they returned, which meant she still looked like a merchantwoman with a very limited wardrobe. The rest still had their "pirate" gear on. Ah well, they'd have time to change later.

Orrey: Alright let's get started. ::He looked to their newest addition.:: Help us get the data plotted so we can try to narrow this area down.

Moonsong: Err, what?

Ceciri blinked at the interaction. She .. well, maybe she was misreading this a bit, but this seemed a very inoppertune time to get.. well, interested in that way. But there was no missing those physiological signs.. and Ceciri turned herself back to the data on the map.

Orrey: What information have we got so far?

Jolara: Response

Ariadust: Resachi gave us some data on resupply operations and sensor traces.

Moonsong: Err… Why not give me the information and let me compile it with fresh eyes? ::She glanced toward Lena and Ollie.:: I do hope no one feels the need to hold back.

Zuccaro: Darling, I’ve just met you, and this is crazy, but restraint is classy, and for your safety. ::With a flourish of his wrist, he smiled.:: But, if you insist.

Ceciri noted that Ollie was really skilled at manipulating Starfleet databases, but she wasn't too surprised. People who lived and died by their wits needed to be able to gather information rapidly.

Zuccaro: This is what we were able to get from our Orion contact on the station after we were, ::his lips twitched into something of a grin,:: arrested. Now, I know all of you Starfleet kind spent four years in the Academy studying your navel, so let’s be clear, this is what a map looks like. We’ll overlay what each time, so, let’s start with Songashes and Hiroglph.

Ceciri idly wondered how they named people. Is that what her name broke down to in Standard?

Jolara: Response

Zuccaro: Adding that… ::the map changed slightly, but only slightly,:: we have the exact same information. His known area of operations. Let’s compound that with what Testa Bianca and Fluffy got. Commander, if you please.

Orrey: Response

Zuccaro: Et viola… ::again, the map changed marginally,:: we’ve got, again, the same area of operations. While not ideal, this is good. He’s been known to change it up once in a while but looks like he’s sticking to prizes in one concentrated area.

Ceciri had actually read over the data once or twice. There had been particular junk data on the pad, junk data that had looked peculiarly odd but very familiar. She had seen it and just couldn't figure out where. Still, it looked like the map overlayed too well.

Josett/Jolara/Orrey/Moonsong: Response

Zuccaro: It’s almost like pirates don’t want you finding out about the activities of other pirates. ::He chuckled, deep and resounding, before angling an eyebrow at the Bajoran/Cardassian.::  Now, Lena, be a dear and alleviate my suffering. As Starfleet Intelligence, what can you add to this?

Ceciri rose her eyebrows. What? That.. Actually, no it made a lot of sense, if you stop and think about it.

Josett: Ollie, you rascal. When did you figure that out?

Zuccaro/Jolara/Orrey/Moonsong: Response

Josett: Oh, alright.  I pulled up our scans of his ship from the Swishbuckle. Looks like there's some ionisation of his hull as a result of subnucleonic radiation, which means he's hanging out near a radioactive Mutara-class nebula. And I made sure that cloak that they just couldn't help but steal emits a lovely trail of tachyons for us to follow, once we get close enough.

Zuccaro/Jolara/Orrey/Moonsong: Response

Josett: Bet you don't know that I'm married, though.

Zuccaro/Jolara/Orrey/Moonsong: Response

Ceciri looked again at the junk data and it suddenly hit her. And, as a rueful frown hit her face, it really should have before. Resachi was very much a Cygnetian who enjoyed the virtue of misdirection and not directly revealing information. Both seen as a way to keep knowledge inside the circle and to promote thinking in non overt actions. Of course, to outsiders, it could look like secrecy for the sake of it. But like Ceciri had gotten very uncomfortable when she was called out by her names meaning, it was just a reflection on how Cygnetian daughters felt it revealed an inner mystery about themselves. And how sometimes it took thinking about something from an odd angle to work out the riddle.

Ariadust: I don't think we will need to spend much time looking around ::Ceciri pulled up the junk data and read it for a second before punching in a set of commands and working to translate the data:: Resachi embedded data in her mapping data and it's only now that I saw what it is. All you need is to know is that we are friends of the descendant of the forbidden star..and..add in the limitation that it needs to be near a Mutara Nebula ::The map shrunk rapidly to a Mutara class nebula with a set of rendezvous points close to four possible stations:: here we go.

Zuccaro/Jolara/Orrey/Moonsong/Josett: Response

TAG/TBC

Lt. Ceciri Ariadust

Helm Officer

USS Veritas