LTJG T'Katt Dugoras- To the Bridge! After one small drink.

Yroc Llah

Oct 10, 2018, 6:59:32 PM10/10/18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Bridge, USS Veritas))

:: T'Katt had drunk the last of his Vulcan brandy and followed it by a large amount of synthohol from his replicator. He had tried nearly every option on the menu by the time his duty shift had begun again. As he rushed to get ready and presentable he chugged down two large glasses of Raktajino. He had succeeded in reducing his stress and headaches and felt as though he could handle the day, as soon as his intoxication subsided. Given his genetic makeup, that wouldn't take long.::

:: Once he was prepared he headed up the bridge. When he exited the turbolift and examined the room he noticed the detective marshal was present as well. For some reason, T'Katt was not fond of the man. He paid no further mind to him as he reported for duty then took his assigned place at the mission ops table at the back of the Bridge. Once he was in his seat he allowed himself to ride out his fading altered state of mind.::

:: By the time he was feeling perfectly sober and he was snapping out of his daydream like thoughts Evan was reporting the captain's teams arrival to the planets surface.::

Delano: Shuttle has touched down, Commander.

Mei’konda: Good.  Staatus of the away team, Evan?

Delano: The line is open. We should be able to monitor the away team from here.

Dugoras: oO Better get to work. Oo :: he quickly reviewed his monitor and sat up more to better pay attention.::

Galven: Getting data collected from Ensign Lovar’s tricorder, sir.

Delano / Deveau / Ripley: Responses

Mei’konda: Very good.  Prepaare visual, Commander.  Let’s see how the combadge cameras are workiing.

DeVeau: Nothing unusual on scans. ::The picture flickered and a haze turned it a little fuzzy again.:: Minor interference. Let me modulate and see if I can get it clean again. ::A few seconds later, the picture was back to normal.  Nothing had changed.::

:: T'Katt observed the flickering images on the view screen and felt relief that he was not down there this time.::

Delano: Looks like it’s going to be a while. Anyone feel like a game of 20 questions?

::German chuckled and turned to face up the room towards the operations station where the XO was and cocked his head. T'Katt found the suggestion amusing and he was curious if the ensign had heard of the game before. He knew it from his day's in the academy, his friend Lisa had always tried to get him to participate in games like that.::

Delano: It’s an old Earth game. Someone thinks of a person, place, or thing, and the rest of you use your 20 questions to strategically figure out what it is.

Mei’konda: Hm.  Interestiing, Evan.  Go ahead, as long as everyone staays focused on the readings down there.

Delano: ::shrugs:: It’s good for passing the time. Here, I'll start.

Dugoras: Should we answer in an order...or...

DeVeau: Is it alive?

Dugoras: oO Guess not. Oo

Galven: ::smirks:: Have any of you seen Rocky Horror Picture Show?

DeVeau: What is that?

Delano: I think you guys are missing the--

:: Sudden movement on the view screen brought their discussion to a fast halt.::

Mei’konda: There they are.  All staations, focus on the away team.  Evan, give me audiio.

Delano: Activating audio. We’re still muted on our end, so the away team won’t be able to hear us unless you want them to, Commander.

(OOC: Keeping Evan’s italicized text for the away team as the others did.)

Rahman: =/\= Greetings. My name is Roshanara Rahman, captain of the Federation starship Veritas. Thank you for agreeing to meet with us. =/\=

Tk’ton: I am Tk’ton.  A forrrrager.  No one…. Important.  But I waaaant to know… what you are doing here.  The furred one… said we would meet again.  What did….. The furred one tell you?

:: T'Katt watched quietly as the creature moved into clearer view.::

Rahman: =/\= I learned a little from my first officer’s encounter with you yesterday, but I wanted to come down to talk to you personally. I hope this will be the beginning of a new relationship between our peoples, so that we may learn from one another. =/\=

Tk’ton: I do nooooot think… there can be learning.  Or relaaaationships.  Until the other fleshy beings….. Stop their incursions.  Their thieving.

Rahman / Any: Responses

Tk’ton: There are…. Things that we need.  Minerals.  The insects.  Space.  Quiiiiet.  The other fleshy ones… take those from us.

Any: =/\= Response =/\=

Delano: Is this the same alien you encountered on the surface?

Mei’konda: I believe it is, yes.

Knox:: muttering :: That’s a big gal.

:: T'Katt grinned slightly at the remark and swung his braided hair from off of his back onto his right shoulder. He was feeling a little warm.::

Galven: You have no idea, Mr. Knox...

Dugoras: They are big creatures.

Ripley: Responses

Delano: They don’t seem overtly hostile…

Dugoras: oO The one we found didn't seem hostile. Oo

Mei’konda: Let’s hope it staays that way.  Impressions, everyone?

Knox: So far, there doesn’t seem to be any threat, Commander.

DeVeau: Gorgeous. ::pauses:: Well, they are.  I mean, just look at them.  So pretty.

Ripley: Responses

Galven: Hostile isn’t the word for it, sir. No threat? ::pauses:: Our team was threatened with our lives. This Tk’ton is small compared to what Mr. Valoru and Lt. Commander Rosek encountered. I’d advise that everyone still be on their guard. I didn’t get this shoulder brace and cane just for looks...

Mei’konda: Response

Galven: ::sits down:: Sorry, sir. I’ll be okay. Just be on your toes, everyone. Let’s just pray that the Queen doesn’t show up ::nods and turns back around embarrassed::

:: T'Katt observed the ensign as he spoke and began to think that their next session would likely be a long one. His shoulder injury had been nothing by comparison, and he was very lucky for that.::

Mei’konda: Evan, is the transporter lock still staable on the away team?

Delano: Response

Mei’konda: Mmh, good.  Ensign Galven, I want you to keep an eye on the area surroundiing the away team.  They are diificult to pick up on sensors, so if you see anythiing out of the ordinaary, I want to know about it.

:: The ensign returned to his duty quickly.::

Galven: Yes, sir. I have some readings here that I bet Mr. Lovar can tell us. ::tapped his commbadge and whispers.:: =/\= Galven to Lovar. =/\=

Lovar: =/\= Response =/\=

Galven: ::whispers:: =/\= Turn around so I’ll be able to pick up any unusual readings of the surroundings. =/\=

Lovar: =/\= Response =/\=

Galven: ::whispers:: =/\= Slowly. Don’t want to attract any unwanted attention. =/\= ::to Mei’konda:: I’ll let you know if I pick up anything, sir.

Mei’konda: Counselor Dugoras, are you aable to get a read on their intentiions?  Do you think there is a chaance they could turn hostiile?

:: T'Katt wasn't sure if the commander believed he had some telepathic or empathic ability. All he was really able to do was monitor their vital signs and guess on their emotional state based on those results.::

Dugoras: :: Checking data on his terminal.:: I don't believe so sir...

:: Mei’konda tipped his head over toward Alora. ::

Mei’konda: Commander.  Their biiology is unique.  I’d liike you to work with Ensign Galven to try to fiind a better way to pick them up on the sensors.

DeVeau: Will do.

:: T'Katt continued to watch his monitor and the view screen in alternating glances.::

DeVeau: Nice to have a partner.

Mei’konda: And Ensiign Knox, just in case this does go poorly, I waant you prepared to remotely activaate the SAR shuttle so they can get out of there quiickly.  Also… get me Starit Proz, at the Mining Colony headquaarters.  Let’s see what he haas to say about all this.

Knox: Aye. ::leaning close to Ripley:: I’m not playing with a full deck here, Detective. I’ve been here about 6 hours and have already encountered a new species so forgive me if I’m a little lost. ::He motioned toward Mei’konda:: Starit Proz? Who are they, and who do I need to shake loose at the mining company to get them on the horn?

Ripley: Response

:: T'Katt found the exchange intriguing but paid it little attention.::

Galven: ::nods:: Commander, the way they appear. It looks like a dose of two species rolled into one.

DeVeau: Well, technically I would hazard a guess that they’re just one species, but they might look like they’re comprised of various parts of other species that we’re familiar with, hm?

Galven: Yes ma’am. What I can see from here is their exterior appearance. Reminds me of a terran crustacean. Their scientific class name is Malacostraca.

DeVeau: Well that class encompases quite a few species, but perhaps you’re referring to the crab? I do hope their temperament doesn’t match.

Galven: Which is odd. They move in a way of the Formicidae.

DeVeau: Which begs the question of whether or not their society is run in a similar fashion.   Is there a hierarchy?  Do they divide labour?  Do they have queens?  Are only specific females set aside for reproduction?  Do they lay eggs, or do they bear live young?  Oh how I wish we could study them more closely! Respectfully of course.

Galven: Response

DeVeau: As much as I would like to entertain these questions, and more, there’s one issue in particular that we need to focus on.  Why are they not turning up on scans?  What is it about them that is keeping us from being able to sense them?

Galven: Response

DeVeau: Oh! ::pauses:: Wait a sec, let me pull these up.  Detective Ripley shared these with me. They may help us determine the issue.

Galven: Response

DeVeau: I haven’t had time to breathe much less really review these the way I have wanted.  However, with two pairs of eyes, maybe we can figure something out.

Galven: Response

:: T'Katt thought about the team's actions during their away mission.::

Dugoras: oO At least he was useful, I didn't do a thing. Oo

Mei’konda / Delano / Knox / Ripley: Responses

TAG/TBC

Counselor

USS Veritas NCC-95035

V239503TD0